episode 16

" shhhh"  I let out to silence the child in my hand. Trying to silence her. I had Mihrimah Sultan in my hands. The poor child was hurting. She probably had baby cramps .

We were on the corner of the saraiy  . about to make a left turn so we could go through the back.

" kalfa, this won't do. The Sultana is too loud. " Esma hatun spoke out to me. " let me hold the Sultana. I will go to the back of the row with Nigar Kalfa. " I thought hard for a moment. A conflicted expression on my face.

" okay, you're right. " I said as I turned around and carefully placed the baby in the woman's hands. " let's continue "   " wait! " hürrem shouted out. Making gulnihal slap a hand on her mouth to shut her up. " hürrem! You will kill all of us. Try to be normal and calm for once " Valide Sultan angrily whispered at her.

" why should my child be at the end of the ro-" I didn't let her finish her rant as I stormed to her and slapped her. " shut the hell up you witch. If I had to chose killing you or having the intruders kill all of us together. Then I'd kill you with my own hands. "  I growled out as I once again turned around and went back to my place at the start of the row.

After that everyone was silent, but I could see the Bas Kadin and valide Sultan along with their servants were smug. They were proud and satisfied. Maybe even Gülnihal as well. Happy that others see she deserved it.

We finally passed the saraiy and were now in the garden part that lead to the secret path of the town. We had to enter a small labyrinth that thankfully every servant knew as the back of their hand.

" HEY YOU STOP! " my blood froze as we heard yelling from behind us. The intruders have entered the valide chambers and they saw us from the balcony. " RUN! " I yelled out  and started running, taking the hands of valide Sultan and the Bas Kadin as they were closest to me. The valide was holding the hand of her daughter Hatice and Hatice the hand of Gülfem hatun. While the Bas Kadin was holding her child Mustafa. The poor child has long ago passed out because of his fever. He got so scared and it didn't help that just a day earlier he played in the fountains.

" çabuk! çabuk! çabuk! " I yelled out  once again, we were almost out.

Almost.

In front of us appeared two men in black making us halt.

But I was prepared. I didn't give the men enough time to react as I quickly took the knife I brought with myself and stabbed the man on the left, but this was my first time stabbing someone. I sort of froze so I haven't stabbed him deep enough. But the aghas come to my help. There were 3 aghas with us not counting gül agha. But sadly only Gül agha and Ayaz Agha made it with us. The other two have been killed by the two guards. But we managed to escape. " where do we go? What do we do now, kalfa? " asked gulnihal. She along with everyone of us was exhausted. But since she and I wore veils it's safe to say that we had it worst.
Well maybe daye hatun had it a tad bit worse. She was the oldest here and she had to normally use a stick.

Allah  , Allah.

Just what's with my thoughts?

" we will go to the nearby mosque and then I will go to the front where the Sultan is. " they nodded and then we carefully continued. " go there! " we heard yelling which made us all freeze before we took off running. But we were soon stopped on our path. " Ibrahim! " I yelled out. His eyes widened, in shock. Stopping his horse harshly. The horse making a loud noise as it calmed down. After Ibrahim soon followed about 20 bostanji all making a stop once they saw us. " thank Allah you're okay! " Ibrahim said in relief  , it truly looked like he was wholeheartedly relived. " shezade Mustafa Is down with a fever. We have to hurry. There are about 30 of them in the palace maybe more. " I said in one breath, my soul already being in my nose. The voices just got louder and louder. Ibrahim didn't say much as he lifted his hand and gestured for  10 soliders to follow him. " Kalfa hatun, go with this solider and notify the Sultan. I and 10 of my men will go and solve the men coming at us. While the other 9 will lead the sultanas and shezade Mustafa to the nearby mosque.

And so it was. I quickly climbed the horse with the help of the young man. While going there I had to hug the back and as there was silence, and it was awkward I asked the man. " how about you tell me your name? In case you know one of us doesn't make it. So I know whom I'm hugging before my own husband. " I said with a slight chuckle in my voice and the man laughed. " Iskender, hatun. Iskender Tekzel. I hope we make it, so I can apologize to your future husband. "He said with a slight tease in his voice.

We soon arrived to a path I knew lead to the palace. " your horse is really fast, iskender." I said in awe , making him chuckle again. " Evet, one of the fastest . I raised him myself. Siyah is his name. "  he said voice full of proudness . " ohh, MashAllah.  Your hatun must be very happy with such a component husband. You know if we both survive I gotta ask her to give me one foal when Siyah becomes a dad. "

" ey,ey. Why go to the hatun? Siyah is my life long friend. I trained him. " iskender fake complained. Voice full of playfulness.  " because the hatun is the roof and walls of the house. If she wanted she could flip you upside and out. " I said with a slight laugh joined by iskenders.

" we are here. Prepare I have to yell." iskender said acting a bit more serious, also making me put more distance between us. Not like it was too possible. But yes.

It didn't take long for the red back of the  army's uniforms to show. Most of them turning themselves as they heard the sound of the horse. " MESSAGE!! " iskender yelled at the top  of his lungs making me flinch a little. He said and slowed down, we soon saw the Sultan on his horse with his commanders next to him. Including Ahmed Pasha.

" Kalfa? " the Sultan said as he furrowed his eyebrows  confused to see me. " Padisah, the Royal Family is on a safe place. Everyone is alive , Shezade Mustafa has a fever  he should soon see a doctor. " iskender said loud and clear. " Nürmelek, is that true? " the Sultan turned his attention to me. His eyes softening a little as he asked me." Evet. " I said and the Sultan nodded his head turning around. The enemies looked visibly bothered. Iskender then turned his horse and we quickly exited the current battle field. After we were back on the path a loud battle cry was heard and I knew the battle began. "So nürmelek kalfa? What a nice name you have.See we will make it. I don't know why you were so worried. " iskender said   making me smile again. " probably because I've been stabbed more than 4 hours ago and I really can't handle it anymore. As I said that Iskender stopped his horse harshly. " what!? " he yelled out  and I let out a chuckle . Before fainting and falling off the horse.

I did it everyone is okay. I just hope Emine, the little shezade and Eshaal made it.