episode 12

The plan is to seduce the Sultan enough to have hürrem leave . But there are some things the Sultana doesn't know,... A part of the plan only me, hürrem and Ibrahim know.

With Hürrem , Ibrahim will go as well. And well there's another one, only I know. And that is - that I will leave shortly after them. I've decided to look for Sümbuls grave. And I'm going to spend the rest of my life taking care of it.

" Mashallah, you look so beautiful Nürmelek kalfa. "

" You really think so." I said more than asked, a slight friendliness in my voice. Tonight was the engagement celebration for Hatice Sultan. And the Valide also used it as an opportunity to host a party for the Sultan. I of course was the main dancer.  Allah be on my side tonight. Let everything be over, please.

The Valide Sultana was very happy that I've decided to become a part of her family. I think I've never seen her so happy. It took a breath to explain everything to mahidevran but still, we somehow managed.

I could tell the Sultan was surprised when he saw me, with the dancing hatuns. But it didn't take much to notice the wide smile on his face.

The purple cloth fell on my hand as I finished my performance and knelt down.

I felt like I was going to throw up. Am I really going to do this? Allah!

" congratulations Nürmelek kalfa! Inshallah you will soon become  Nürmelek Sultana! "  Gül aga exclaimed happily.  A sad smile on face as I started speaking. " we will see Gül aga, no one knows their destiny. "

I entered the harem and the girls ran up to me to congratulate me, and all I could do is fake my happiness as well. In my mind the words Gül aga said dancing in circles.

I was a free woman, I was a free kalfa. All I needed to do to become a Sultana was give birth to two daughters or one son. Allah if I do have to give birth to this man, please let it be a daughter. Please Allah do not give me a son.

I'm so exhausted. I miss my life before, I miss Sümbul.

And with these words on my mind I fell asleep.

___

" Nürmelek kalfa. " Gül aga called my name, making me lift my head from the records I was reading. " evet? "I asked, a confused expression taking over my face  as I noticed the woman next to Gül aga. She was new, her hair dark and long, she looked scared. " Pargali Ibrahim found this girl. Victoria, she will be  a new cleaning slave. " okay, I understand. I will show her around "

" welcome dear , Victoria. "I got up and held the woman's hand, I  felt her flinch. But I hugged her to reassure her, although still stiff I could feel her relax a little. " let's show you where you will sleep, then we will go to hamam. I will help you wash. " she nodded her head and we went towards the favorites chambers.  " Nürmelek kalfa? " before we could go up the stairs my name was called. It was Fahriye . " evet?  Fahriye ? " she bowed and went towards me, I could see Esma and Meryem following close along with Clara. " who is that hatun?why is she going to the favorites chambers?" I furrowed my eyebrows at that question, but before I could answer I was interrupted. " Allah, Allah... Tsk, tsk. Mind your own business, go! Quick before I throw you all to the dungeons! " nigar kalfa scared the girls away. I chuckled a little at that. " Thank you Nigar. " I said and Nigar bowed with a wide smile on her face.
" who were these girls? And who was that loud scary woman? Why did she bow to you? " the hatun asked me in her broken Turkish, I could tell she was very nervous. We continued up the stairs and I decided to calmly answer her questions. I introduced her to the palace rules, the roles in the palace and I told her about myself. The girl silent the whole time. " what will I do? " she finally spoke. We arrived at the chambers, it was Ayse's." Firstly go inside, maybe you will meet your roommate. " seems like Ayse was with Gülnihal. " she's not here, okay.. This bed is yours. " I said as I pointed at the bed." Your roommate is Ayse, she's a gözde so she's of higher status than you. Be careful. " I then proceeded to tell her a few more things as I watched her get ready for hamam.  " let's go now, Victoria. "

" I can wash myself it's okay! " Victoria tried to protest  but I again tried to calm her down. " Victoria I have to wash you for the first time. Don't worry, I'm also giving you a health check up. Please trust me. "

There was no way I'm going to let you go now that I've seen your tattoo.

Caught you little miss spy.

___

" kako sam I mislila " ( just how I thought ) I mumbled out as I read the secret book I've brought with me from Serbia.  No one knew about this book except me, Sümbul knew it existed, but he didn't know what's in it. This book was my most prized possession. " Nürmelek kalfa, it's time for hamam " I nodded and his my book - just in time before the kalfa could see it. It was time for my night with the Sultan.

It was time for the play to start.