episode 7

+ blue veil

+ blue veil

"Nürmelek kalfa! " a loud voice shouted out from behind making me turn my body. " Evet? Hürrem hatun! Don't run, you will hurt yourself! "  I shouted out a panicked expression on my face as I saw the heavily 8 month pregnant Hürrem run towards me Sümbul following right after her. " Allah, Allah help me! " Sümbul yelled out, I could see his exhaustion. " Is the Sultan really coming back today?? " she asked me excitedly making me chuckle. " Evet, Hürrem hatun. I heard the watchers already saw the Sultan  He should be here any day. " I could hear Sümbul mutter out a ' mashallah ' but I couldn't hear any more as hürrem pulled me in a bone crashing hug.

Allah she's so heavily pregnant how come she's stronger and faster than me and Sümbul combined?

Thank God it didn't get  crushed for long as Maria - well now Gülnihal come to my rescue.

_____________

" you know I wonder how my life will be now that the Sultan is coming. Mahidevran Sultan is days from giving birth and Hürrem isn't far behind. "

I spoke out while laying down on Sümbul's lap , Sümbul playing with my hair and caressing her. No this wasn't allowed even if Sümbul was the main agha of the palace. Women and men were supposed to know their place. But honesty, me and Sümbul have been thinking of asking the Valide Sultans permission to marry. We are like soulmates and I can't think of anyone I'd want to spend my life with other than Sümbul.

" Heh, my güzel Melek hatun... I just pray to Almighty that he allows us to be together. " he said with a saddened tone.. I completely understood him. Both he and I had our concerns but one of our main ones was my beauty and if I'd attract the Sultan.

At first Sümbul tried distancing himself from me when I told him about my affections towards him. He kept saying how I don't deserve an eunuch and how I don't deserve a mere agha. I didn't let that go on for too long as I quickly shut it down.

Not many people knew of my affection towards the man, and even less knew about the fact that he returns them. And that we are an item now, item that hopes to marry. We dream of children our future and talks. And I always joke with the people that know, and try to plan that beautiful day.

Children was a big concern to us as it was believed that eunuchs can't have children, but after through investigation. I've found out that there's a treatment that may make it possible, but it would be very hard to conceive. We were willing to try our best. The word of my research reached the walls outside the palace and with that my name was known. I helped a lot of couples and for that our empire fertility rate enlarged.

" I've been thinking. " I said a smile making it's way on my face, trying to ignore the bad feeling I got from the Sultan returning. "Hmm" Sümbul hummed out, one eyebrow of his rising in question. " I want a  blue wedding. " at that a wholehearted chuckle left his mouth. " I'm not surprised , really. Your favorite color is blue. You'd paint the whole saraiy blue if you could. " I laughed back agreeing with my beloved. " evet , you know me well. " my smile never leaving my face as my eyes stared into his. " you know, I've decided to make Sekër my witness. " with that I faked a shocked expression on my face. " what?? I thought it was going to be Gül agha?! " I fake yelled out in shock. " tsk. " he scoffed and jokingly pushed my head . " get up , I don't want to talk to you. " he said faking being annoyed. " loveee, I'm sorry!! Okay?? Please don't be angry " I cooed out getting up from my position and putting my hands around his shoulders. A loving smile on my face, eyes full of love. It didn't take long for him to break and laugh. He kissed the back of my hand and held it as we stared at each other's eyes.

It didn't take long for us to notice that someone is approaching the chamber we were in. So we quickly got up and fixed ourselves before taking a distance and acting like we were discussing harem matters.

Knock knock

Two knocks were heard from the chamber door . " evet? Come in! " I answered. And not long after in come Nigar kalfa. " Nürmelek kalfa " she bowed as I was now in a higher position than her. " Sümbul agha. " she nodded her heads towards Sümbul.

" what is it Nigar? " I asked her , slowly approaching her. " Valide Sultana seeks you. She wishes to organize the welcoming feast for the Sultan and wants you opinion. " I smiled at that, thanking her I headed out.

_______

" Mashallah my Nürmelek kalfa. Come here my güzel melek. " the valide Sultan sang out towards me, making my smile even bigger than before. Me and the valide Sultan have certainly grown closer and at this point I'm not sure that we have any secret between us. Well except Sümbul of course. We were like a daughter and a mother, she'd always give me dozens of gifts and we'd take care of each other.

This time in the chamber there were only her and daye hatun. I gave a bow to both of them and then got closer.

" I hope you're well on this beautiful and glorious day Valide Sultan. " I said with a farm smile on my face.

" of course that I am my nür. My lion is finally coming back and mahidevran is days from giving birth. Everything seems to be going great. "  me and daye said ' mashallah ' at the same time, we  loved when the valide was happy.

After some talking we decided everything on the party and with that I excused myself and left to look after bas Kadin, Mahidevran .

I've been  checking up on the Kadin two to three times a day to make sure the woman was alright as well as her baby. The only problem is... Whenever I went, no matter how many times I went... I never leave her chambers empty handed. It didn't take me long to find out that she prays and pays for my prayers. It just wouldn't feel right if I didn't do the same. Me and Gülsah have also grown rather close but I could see jealousy in her eyes when the Sultana paid more attention to me than to her. But I once again understood.

After I finished the examination I could see that the Sultana is very close to giving birth by what I've seen it could be on the day the Sultan arrives or days around it. I pray to the Almighty Allah that she has a safe and an easy birth.

I've done my best to keep the Sultana and Hürrem hatun away from each other as it didn't do any good to either to them. But to say the concubines were split when it come to these two is an understatement. It's like a whole war was going on in the palace. And I just had the luck to be in the middle of it all. Allah help me.