episode 8

I can't tell if I'm to hate or love my luck. It's like I have a gift from the Almighty and I'm able to see the future.

The Sultan arrived today, and first thing he did - just as tradition says was to greet his family. I was in the back with the other concubines of the Sultanas ready to serve if required. Gülsah has warned me that the Sultana was acting weird for two days now and she said it's very similar to how she acted the first time she was to give birth.

And just like that, the Sultan greeted his mother , sister and son. And just as he was about to properly greet Mahidevran - his lips on her forehead... We all heard a gasp from the Sultan. It didn't take us long to all be on alert and soon after I noticed the Sultan was standing on water. " The Bas Kadins water broke! Quick! Alert the midwives! " I yelled out running towards the Sultana as the Sultan already moved out the way so we can reach her. " mashallah what a wonderful day! " I could hear the valide Sultana say. Happy smiles on everyone's face, but also worry. I think everyone was aware how risky this birth will be .

We arrived to the Sultanas chamber and started the birthing process, me as the main midwife.

Soon after a little Sultana was born. I could see the relief and love on Kadins face . Although there were hints of disappointments and worry since the child was a girl. The main emotion was love and gratitude.

A little while after it was time for the naming ceremony and for the royals to meet the little Sultana.

During everything that happened I seem to have forgotten to hide myself. And as it seems I failed to notice green eyes staring at me.

Räziye Sultana, that was the name of the little girl born on the day of the fathers return. She looked like a big ball of happiness, she had a beautiful smile and was the spitting image of Mahidevran Sultan.

_______

" what??????!!! He's with who!!? " I yelled out in shock my eyes wide like two watermelons. " shhhhh! Do you want someone to hear you?! Ayyy,, Allah help me. " Sümbul said , looking around to make sure no ones listening.

" I know Sümbul but his first wife, his bas- his bas Kadin gives birth and he goes to spend the night and party with her rival? Allah, please help this empire. " I said in bewilderment. " we aren't here to question. I don't know what else to say. " Sümbul sighed out.

I went to my chambers to relax. Today was too eventful for me I needed to sleep. I changed to my sleeping wear ,I made myself from extra fabric I had, and then let my long hair down.

My sleeping gown wasn't your usual sleeping  gown

My sleeping gown wasn't your usual sleeping  gown. It was revealing and it was well fitted. I looked rather breathtaking in it. I didn't have a problem with wearing since I assumed no one would see my in it. I was drinking water after my prayer when the sound of running and screaming scared me. I dropped the cup I was holding and before I could even properly react Gülnihal bursted through my chamber doors. " Nür hurry! Hürrem is losing the baby!! "I couldn't even say anything , my legs were faster than my mind. Both me and Gülnihal ran off like lunatics,me following Gülnihal since I didn't know where Hürrem was. I noticed that Gülnihal was starting to be slower and seems like she did so too. " Sultans chambers go now! " with that my eyes widen oven more and my speed fastened.

There was commotion outside of the Sultans chambers , it seemed like a dozen people were outside trying to look in. When they saw me I could hear gasps but I knew I didn't have time for any bows or such. I could care less about myself and my fate right now. It was a baby's life on the line. The guards didn't even have time to reach as I quickly passed them, not stopping for a second. I bursted In the chambers looking around for the Sultana. The Sultan was next to Hürrem, along with Sümbul and the physician. I noticed he was yelling but once he saw me he seemed to stop. I quickly bowed but I knew it wasn't a proper bow but I could care less now. " Thank God Melek kalfa you're here! " the physician cried out moving out of the way. Which give me space to climb on the bed Hürrem was laid in. I checked her vital signs and recognized what was wrong. " she's been poisoned! She needs to throw up! " I heard gasps but they then quickly started moving. The Sultan jumped into the bed and pulled the hatun up, so it's easier for her to throw up. I put the medicine the physician gave me on her nose so she could smell it. The bucked Sümbul gave me on standby. It thankfully made the hatun puke in seconds.

The smell was awful, truly awful. If I was even a minute late the Sultana wouldn't have made it. And neither would her child. A sigh of relief left me as I saw the hatun was alive. I got up and pulled the physician to the side , explaining what's to be done. Mid explaining I heard a voice call out to me. " Nürmelek kalfa, lets talk. " it was a kind of a calm order and I knew I'd have to comply. " update me. " I bowed and started speaking not daring to look the Sultan in the eyes although I knew he was looking at me. " it's poison my Sultan. The poison is an overdose on a calming medicine, the effects start 30 seconds after consumption. So it must have been started from inside this chamber. " I finished explaining lowering my head more. I could feel the Sultan was angry. " WHERE IS IBRAHIM!?! " he yelled out making everyone flinch.

After a while I knew it was time for me to leave and I used the opportunity. Sümbul followed me putting a blanket around me to cover me. In this hell I forgot I was in my night gown. Going outside I knew that before going to sleep in had to go to valide Sultanas chambers as she now moved back there.

Once there I told the valide everything that happened and that I know. The Valide Sultan looked extremely worried. " Melek... Tell me honestly... Who do you think did this? " she asked me with desperation in her voice. I lowered my head, knowing I don't want to lie to this woman. " Valide I think it may be Bas Kadin Mahidevran or one of her close servants. It's the only logical explanation I can think of " with that the valide sat down, her head in her hands.

Soon after I decided to go to the bas Kadins chambers and tell her what's happening as well. Pure terror and worry was on their face even when they tried to hide it. I then went to the bas Kadins hidden shelf. They both watching me in terror not knowing what to do. I opened it and took the bottle of potion that was the reason of this whole mess. I put it in my packet and from my other one I pulled out a full bottle. " Gülsah bring me a bowl of water, we have to make this look like it's days old. " at that they both started sobbing and thanking me but I quickly tried to soothe them and get them to do what's required.

At that I heard that they finally found Ibrahim, and that he's currently in the Sultans chambers. I knew I had to hurry up and run towards the valide to let her know of what I did.

After I told her of my plan the valide was still worried but much visibly less worried.

And with that I finally moved to my chambers to sleep.