1

Zac exhaled as he declined yet another phone call from his brother. He agreed to come out for drinks with him to get out of his empty house. His brother was the only one who knew the truth.

It's been over a months. 3 months since he last kissed her. 3 months since he held her in his arms. 3 months since his wife left him.

He sat in his car replaying their last fight as he has done a thousand times since she left.

Zac walked down the stairs with his head buried in his phone, well one of them as he talked to his business partner, Tyler.

"I'll be there soon. I'm about to leave the house now." He spoke as he glanced at his watch.

Barely looking at his wife sitting at the table with breakfast for the two of them with a hopeful expression.

"Morning."

"Morning."  He replied as he move to make his coffee to go still not paying her any attention

"Babe? Zac!?"  She called standing from her chair.

"What? What's all this?" He asked taking at look at the table and her.

"Breakfast. I was hoping we could eat together and talk. I wanted to talk to you about something." She held out her hand to him.

"Sorry. I don't have time right now. I have to run by the office before I head to the airport." He said texting away on his phone.

"Airport?"

"Yeah, airport. I'm heading to Texas for a few days."

"And you didn't think to tell me about this ahead of time?"

"It was a last minute trip, Tima? Beside you hate when I discuss anything about the business with you. I'm just respecting your wishes. That's what you wanted, right?"

"No need to be a asshole right now. Anyway, I wanted to talk about our anniversary an-"

"Can we talk later? I got to go." He said grabbing his briefcase and suitcase as he kissed her on the cheek heading for the door.

"Zac, it's important. Just give me five damn minutes."

He paused at the door.

"Ok."

"Thank you. I." She was cut of by the ringing of his phone.

"Do NOT answer that. Zachary.."

"Sorry, baby. I'll call tonight and we can talk then, ok. I'm on my way dad." He walked out the door as he heard something shatter against the door.

His phone rung, pulling him from his memory. It was once again his brother.

"What is it, bro?" He answers slightly irritated as a knock came from his window.

There stood his brother bouncing from one foot to the other.

"Hey, bro. I saw you pull in. Umm..let's go to another bar?"

"Man move. We already here so might as well go in. Why you really want to leave?" He asked as they made their way up to the building.

"I just want a peaceful evening and too many of my one stands here. So let's just.."

"Well it's time to own your hoe-ness because at this rate we would run out of places to go. So no." He slapped his brother on the shoulder heading for the bar for a drink.