7

Two weeks later

Fatima glanced at her watch while she sat in the waiting room at the doctor's office. She and Zac agreed to meet at there with plans of shopping for the baby after.

"Hey. Sorry, I'm late. I got stuck behind a school bus." She heard him as he bent down to kiss her.

"Hey. You're good. Mama dropped me off so I got here early."

"Is this a regular check up appointment today?"

"Yes and ultrasound."

"Do you think we can find out the gender today?" He asked putting his arm behind her shoulders.

"I hope so. What do you think we're having?"

"I don't know. Kinda want a boy. You for those father son moments. But I want a girl to. A little Fatima to spoil. What about you?"

"Same but I'm happy with either one."

"We need to figure out which room will be the nursery. I'm thinking..wait what was that look?"

"What look?" She asked nervously.

"You do plan to be back home before you have the baby, right? I mean I'm trying. I've done everything you as-"

"Zac, calm down. When you mentioned the nursery I got overwhelmed for second. Like are we gonna do a theme or just a color scheme."

"Oh." He said as he smooth down his tie.

"And I would love to be home before the baby arrives but we have keep communicating and working on our relationship."

"Ye-" His phone started ringing. He pulled it out to see Simone calling.

"Be right back." He said excusing himself as Fatima nodded pulling out her phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, sorry to bother you during Fatima's appointment. Did you schedule a meeting or something I didn't know about?" Simone asked.

"No. What's going on?"

"I knew it. Ms. Stone said she had an appointment with you. Something about you offered to help her look at places since she relocating here."

"No. I told her I knew an agent that could help her and I would send her their info."

"Fatima Taylor?" The nurse called out

"Look, give her Valerie's info and please no more calls today. I got to go." He hung and walked back to his wife.

"Everything OK?" She asked.

"Just a simple misunderstanding."

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Let's go get y'all checked out."
------------------------------------------------------------------
Fatima awoke to Zac gently shaking her.

"Wake up, sleepyhead." Zac whispered stroking her cheek softly.

"Hmmm. I'm awake." She mumbled eyes still closed as she stretched.

"I can't believe you fell asleep quick. You still want to go shopping?"

"I should be asking you that. You hate shopping." She joked as he moved back to get herself situated right.

"I don't hate it. I just like it better when someone does it for me." He said with a smirk.

"Not you acting like a spoiled rich boy." She said opening sun visor checking her appearance.

"And not you acting like a vain rich woman." He said back reaching past her to try and close it back.

"I'm not being vain. I just feel like I don't get enough sleep even though I sleep more. You have no idea the changes my body is through. Look my face is getting fatter and rounder." She swiped some lip gloss on.