9

They had been on site all morning, getting the land cleared and leveled. Zac was trying to work while Kayla pranced around with a news crew and journalists. They had left the site tired, hot and hungry. They stopped to have lunch before continuing their day.

"So, what's next?" Kayla asked after the waitress sat their food down.

"After they finish clearing and leveling the ground today, we should be able to have the concrete laid within the next few weeks."

"If the weather cooperate and everything stay a track." Michael finished.

"Ok. I'll update Trevor later tonight. So how did it feel to be back in the the field instead of the office?" Kayla asked as she leaned over to bump shoulders with Zac.

"It felt good. I didn't know how much I missed it until I got there."

"Well you certainly looked good out there." She said smiling and biting her bottom lip and playing with her earring.

She was jolted back to reality when a phone rung out. She cleared her throat and drank some of her water.

Michael shook his head at her boldness.

His assistant Santana and Simone held a silent conversation between them.

"Is this bitch for real?"

"I told you she was a thristy bitch."

"Excuse me. I have to take this. " His father said raising from the table noticing the tension and Kayla's behavior.

Leaving Michael, Santana, Simone, Zac and Kayla sitting at the table.

"Zac, what is this cologne you're wearing? You smell manly but delicious. I wouldn't mind taking a bit of you." Kayla asked placing her hand under her chin leaning closer to Zac.

"His wife." Santana whispered.

"Fuck around and find out." Simone mumbled taking a sip of water.

Michael chocked on his food while Santana smiled and patted his back.

"What was that?" Kayla asked narrowing her eyes at Simone.

Simone not one to back down easily looked Kayla straight in the eyes and smiled. Zac could see what was about to happened so he kicked Simone under the table.

"I said I could call his wife and find out." Simone said tightly looking at Zac.

"Find out what?" A voice spoke causing Zac to look up and see Danni and Alonzo.

"Hey." Zac spoke surprised yet a little scared. Danni eyes moved down to Kayla's hand that she have yet to move. Zac saw and quickly moved his hand.

"Hi, I'm Daniella. Who are you?" Danni asked Kayla reaching a hand out to shake as Kayla stood.

"Kayla Stone. Zac's working on a project for my family. " She answered once again touching Zac, his shoulder this time.

Zac stood gently moving from Kayla to approach Danni.

"I'm Alonzo. Nice to meet you." He said trying to ease the tension.

"What are you two doing here?" Zac asked putting an arm around Danni.

"Meeting Marilyn." Danni smirked evilly as Zac eyes widened.

"How do you know Zac?" Kayla asked sizing Danni up.

"He's married to my cousin. Zac, let me talk to you real quick." Danni said walking away from the table.

"Danni, I know."