2

"Are you sure you wanna do something like this?" Claire said to her daughter-in-law, Jade.

"Maybe. I don't know. I mean it is a good business opportunity, not just for myself but for Omar too."

"Of course there's nothing wrong with wanting to expand your brands and businesses beyond Atlanta. But the real housewives? Some of those women just do too much."

"True but it's better than being on Love & Hip Hop." Jade teased her mother-in-law as she sipped from her glass of wine.

"Ha! Barely but if this is something you two want to do, I will look over the contract. Make sure everything is good.." she trailed off as they heard arguing from the next room.

"Damn, Danni. I said I don't want to talk about it. So back off." She heard Fatima speak.

"The only reason you don't want to talk is because you know you dead wrong. That was the perfect time to talk this out." Danni spoke back.

"Yeah. Like I'm going to take relationship from you. Tell me when and how long was your last relationship?"

Danni let out a humorless laugh as she stared toward Fatima.

"Ohh, you bit-"

"Ok, that's enough. Y'all mighty bold tonight coming in here disrespecting my house. What's got you two in a pissy mood?" Claire asked the two stubborn women.

Jade stood silently in the doorway watching eagerly yet cautiously.

"Oh now y'all have nothing to say? Somebody better answer me when I ask Y'all a question." Claire said slightly raising her voice.

"We ran into Zac.." Danni started.

"You did?" Claire asked shocked as she looked at her daughter.

"Yeah." Fatima said as she exhaled.

"Well?? Details, girl. What happened?"

"She ran. Instead of talking to him like an adult, she ran. Like she always do."

Claire shook her head in disappointment as Jade rubbed Fatima's arm with a sympathetic look.

"You can't avoid him for long, sis." Jade said softly.

"I know. I just need a little more time." She replied.

"You had two months worth." Danni replied    sarcastically.

"Danni, stop." Claire demanded.

"I'm not one to meddle in y'all relationships but nothing gets fix if you always running, baby."

"I know. I have to work on that. I'm just going through so much right now. Everything falling apart and I'm so angry with.." tears formed in her eyes.

"With what, honey?"

"With..with him, myself, life, god. Everything." She wiped her tears away aggressively.

"Ok, calm down. Why don't we, me and you, go and talk. I don't like seeing you upset like this." Claire said sensing a deeper problem.

"Trust me I don't like it either, mama."

"I damn sure don't like it. I can go back and woop his ass if it make you feel better. I'll even get the three scrooges to help." Danni spoke.

"God, no. I'll be fine. I just need a good hot shower, some food and some rest. Maybe a tear-jerking movie to purge the pent-up emotions." Said jokingly.

"Firefly.."

"I know, mama." She kissed her mother's cheek and hugged the girls before leaving.

Danni waiting a few seconds before turning to Jade.