11

Fatima stretched and rolled over to find herself alone in bed the next morning. She called out to Zac as she got up only to get no response. She figured he had left for work already.

Twenty minutes later after taking care of her hygienes she walked downstairs to find Zac walking through the door fresh for a run.

"Hey, you finally up?" He asked wipping sweat from his forehead.

"Yeah. I thought you were at work by now." She said opening the fridge.

"Nah, took the day off. Didn't feel like being at the office today."

He walked up to her and gently cupped her face and dropped a soft kiss on her lips.

"Sit down. I'll fix you something." He offered.

"Wait? You offering to fix me something?" She joked.

"Yes. I'm getting offended that you keep doubting my cooking skill, woman. I got this."

She raised her hands as to surrender and took a seat at the island.

"I have learned a few things since you been gone." He said washing his hands.

A hour later after a rather tasty ham and cheese omelet with breakfast potatoes, the two were now sitting comfortably in the living room watching tv.

"Yo, T, I feel myself getting dumber by the minute. Can we please turn this trash." He complained.

"Gladly. And I thought Andi was dumb. I actually wanted to talk to you about something anyway." She turned to face him.

"Me too but you first."

"I was thinking of coming back home." She announced shyly playing with her rings.

"Really?!" He said happily before clearing his throat.

"I mean that's great. What changed your mind?" He asked sounding a little calmer.

"Well things have been great between us. Not perfect but much better. It just feels right again and I'm here all the time now anyway. So.."

"Honestly I would love to officially have you back home. Even though you've been back for weeks." He said.

"So what did you want to talk about?" She asked.

"I'm leaving the family business." He said stroking his beard.

"What?" She was shocked.

"Yeah, I want to do my own thing. I'm starting my own company. Flipping houses and apartments. That's actually affordable for people."

"Why? Why leave now? I mean you're the CEO of the.."

"Yet I still have to answer to a broad and my father. It will never really be my company and my dream. I know it's not the ideal time for a change this big but.."

"You're right it's not ideal time but it is you're dream. And I support you and your decision."

"Thank you." He leaned in to kiss her.

"Do they know you're leaving?" She asked stroking his cheek.

"Not yet. I plan on finishing this project and then walk away."

"I know it won't be easy and they won't make it easy, especially Winston."

Zac let out a heavy sigh thinking of his father's reaction.

"I know."

"But I..no we got your back." She said placing his hand on her stomach feeling their daughter kick as if she agreed.
_____________________________________________
Grace Taylor smiled and greeted people as she passed them in the halls of Taylor Enterprises. To many people she seemed like a ruthless stuck up bitch-she could be- but she was actually a rather nice southern lady.