6

Fatima smiled as she thought back to her date with Zac last Friday. They must have talked and kissed for hours before she decided to leave.

They ended up spending all day Saturday and Sunday together going to the farmers market and watching movies. Just hanging out like the used when they first got together.

"Mrs. Taylor, are you ok?" Inez called out to her.

"Huh? Oh sorry. I zoned out for a minute. What were you asking?"

Fatima and Inez had been in her office all morning working on their cases. It was now nearly 3 in the afternoon.

"You were saying something about the Scott case."

"Yes. See if you can get someone from the PI department to gather everything they can find on my client, her husband and the other woman."

"If you don't mind me asking, why do you have them dig into both parties? You and your parents are the only ones that do that." Inez asked curiously.

"We don't like to be blindsided especially in the middle of a case during court. Makes you look unprepared. Plus your clients aren't always truthful. So we just like to have all the facts."

"Oh. That makes sense."

"Especially during cases like this. It's a lot of he said, she said, they said, they heard. When money and children are involved people story tends to switch up in court."

Inez nodded as she listened to Fatima.

"And can you have the Tech department part together all the pictures, videos and posts from all social media platforms establish a timeline lea-"

She was interrupt by her office phone causing Inez to answer it.

"Fatima Taylor's office. I'll come sign for it. You have a delivery upfront."

She gently rubbed her eyes and yawned before glancing at the paperwork on her desk. She shook her head and grabbed her phone to order lunch.

"Mrs. Taylor." Inez spoke from the door empty handed.

"I thought you said I had a delivery?" Fatima asked.

"And here it is." Inez opened the office door wider as a boutique of roses and Zac's assistant office entered with a bag from The Bando.

"Hi, Simone."

"Hi, Mrs. Taylor. Courtesy of Mr. Taylor and he said he will be waiting for your call." She said sitting the bag and flowers on her desk before leaving.

"Do you need anything?" Inez asked.

"No. I'm fine." She said reaching for her phone.

"Hello, I guess this means you got my surprise?" He answered.

She could hear the smile in his voice that only made her smile even more.

"Yes..thank you."

"You're welcome. I thought I would send you something to brightened up your day. Hence the flowers."

"And the wings?"

"I remember last night you were talking about wanting some from The Bando so I got your favorites, hot lemon pepper and butter ranch. Since I can't take you to lunch I thought I'd bring it to you."

"I was planning on ordering something from the cafeteria since I'm knee deep in my case file. So I really appreciate this. My mouth is already watering."

"Well I'm heading into a meeting so I'll call you later tonight."

"Ok, bye." She hung up as her door once again opened.