Call

Third POV:

It had been 2 weeks since the war between Eggman and the resistance ended. Vector, Charmy and Espio all sat around their office desk. Vector shuffling through stacks of miscellaneous papers, Charmy ramming two plastic toy cars together while making random car noises and Espio calmly sitting crisscrossed in a corner meditating. All the detectives attentions were caught when their office phone began to ring. Vector swiftly snatched the device off its stand, pressing it against his ear without checking who was calling.

"Chaotix Detective Agency, how can we help ya!"Vector chirped into the device, Charmy and Espio returning their attention back to their own activities. "Oh, hey. No we're not doing much, why you askin? Sure we're down,we'll be over in a few!" Vector hollered, placing the phone back onto its stand and standing up off his chair."Come on boys, we've got a job to do."

Vector grunted with a smile, stretching his back at the same time. Espio was the first to stand up, already figuring that they were leaving after Vectors choice of words on the call. "Do we have a case?" Espio question, dusting off his legs as he stood up. "Nah, Sonic just asked if we could help clean up some of the debris from all the robo junk from you know what." Vector yawned, pushing in his chair in and making his way out the door, Espio and Charmy following close behind.

*

"Hiya Sonic!" Charmy chirped, unbuckling his seatbelt and buzzing over to Sonic. Sonic greeted the energetic bee with a smile, Vector and Espio following Charmy shortly after. "Hey guys, how've you been?" Sonic greeted Vector and Espio, Charmy already buzzing off to chat with Tails and Amy. "We've been alright, there's been extra cases for missing people after the war so we've been keeping ourselves busy."

Vector spoke, Espios eyes wandering elsewhere as he quietly stood behind Vector. His eyes slightly widened when seeing Silver who was calmly chatting with Charmy, Amy and Tails. He silently made his way over to the group, his presence remaining unnoticed till he spoke up.

"Hello everyone." Espio hummed, everyone's eyes immediately turning to the stealthy chameleon. "Hey Espio, are you here to help clean up too?" Tails chirped, one of his tails flicking as he spoke. Espio calmly nodded his head, preferring to allow the group to return to their previous discussion without him getting too involved. Amy began speaking shortly after, Tails and Charmy chatting along with her moments later.

"Hello Silver." Espio mumbled, Silvers ears flicking in his direction as he spoke. "Hi Espio, how've you been?" Silver mumbled back, both staying relatively silent as to not get involved or disturb the trio's conversation. "Busy to say the least, how about yo-" Everyone's conversation was interrupted by Sonic slamming a rusty metal pipe against a broken robot, everyone's conversations going silent as their eyes landed on Sonic.

"Thanks for coming guys, with this many people were sure to get this place cleaned up in no time..." Sonic started his speech, a few murmurs and whispers being heard amongst the group. Espio tuned out of Sonics speech, his voice becoming nothing but a muffled noise. His eyes wandered around the surrounding area, scattered robotic and crumbled building parts covers the entire area. The sky was a light gray, only making the scene more depressing than normal. The air felt gross to breathe in, visible specks of dust clouded the atmosphere.

"..So let's get to cleaning!" Sonic shouted, Espio finally tuning back in and subconsciously clapping along with the others around him. Silver wasted no time, immediately lifting himself up in the air with his psychokinesis and hovering over to a section of broken metal and debris. Tails and Amy did the same as Charmy went back to Vector, buzzing around his head until given some kind of task.

Espio made his way to a more isolated area, being careful as to not scrape or cut himself with the jagged edges of metal scraps that covered the landscape. The sound of metal clashing against metal and grunts filled the air, the wretched sounds making multiple people wince, including Espio. Silvers work was most noticeable amongst everyone else's, his psychokinesis allowing him to carry much larger objects with ease.

"Take it easy there Silv, you're making the rest of us look bad!" Sonic teased, Silver slightly giggling at the playful remark.