Kiss

Third POV:

Espios eyes darted from Silvers eyes to his lips, his face heating up with every passing second. "No.. I won't say anything..." Espio murmured out, his eyes fluttering closed as he leaned in closer. With those words, their lips connected. Their eyes were sealed shut as they leaned into one another, holding each other ever so gently. Espio smiled into the kiss, holding onto Silvers arms as he leaned forward. Silvers tail harshly wagged against the bedding underneath and beside him, his tail just barely touching his sides. He pulled away for a moment to catch his breath, panting softly from the long duration. Swiftly, Espio mashed their lips back together, a small squeak coming from Silver. After what felt like an eternity, which was only a few minutes, they slowly pulled away from one another. Silvers lips cracked into a smile, small, hushed giggles slipping out his mouth as he nuzzled into Espios neck, pushing his back down to where they were lying on the bed. "Took you long enough." Silver grinned, kissing the side of Espios face. "Oh, my apologies for spending my time caring for you while injured rather than attempting to enamor you." Espio bemoaned, rolling his eyes with a grin spread across his face. "Oh hush you!" Silver laughed, shoving a pillow into Espios face before yanking it back and mushing his head into it. "What do you suggest we do tomorrow?" Espio yawned, snuggling closer to Silver. "Sonic invited me and Tails to go to this new library that just opened up, so I'll probably be gone for a few hours." Silver muttered against Espio chest, his eyelids drooping a bit. "You'll be alright till I'm back, right?" Silver smiled, leaving one last peck on the bottom of Espios chin. "Of course Tenshi, I can keep myself occupied with work in that time." Espio hummed, wrapping his arms around Silvers figure. Their bodies laid close together as they slowly began to lull themselves to sleep.

*

The early morning sun seeped through the blinds, beaming into the eyes of Espio who fought to wake himself up. He shifted his head to face beside him, smiling as he was met with a peacefully snoozing ball of fluff whose legs were entangled with his. He slipped his hand behind Silvers ear, gently scratching the area as a gentle way of waking the other up. Silver squirmed under the touch, his ear flicking against Espios hand. "Mmph, stoooop." Silver croaked out, dipping his head lower to rid the others finger. "Apologies my love but Vector can only allow me so many days off work." Espio sighed, watching Silvers quills puff up before falling flat as he pulled himself off of his pillow. "Fineee, I'm upp!" Silver groaned, his eyes still closed with his head resting against his shoulder. With a short yawn Espio too lifted himself off the bed, scooting around Silver and stepping off the bed. Silver soon followed behind him, both exchanging glances once hearing the sound of Vectors voice from downstairs.

They ambled down the stairs together, quickly getting a suspicious glare from Vector who was sat on the couch. "Mornin you two." Vector hummed, sipping on his coffee. "Good morning." The two said simultaneously, Silver smiling at the coincidence. Espio walked over to Vectors desk, gazing down at the multitude of scattered papers and books. He made quick work of organizing everything, grabbing the few paper he needed and shuffling the resting into semi-organized piles. "There's a case in their that needs ya to visit some coffee shop for an investigation." Vector spoke up, glancing at the file in Espios hand. "Another missing person." Espio mumbled under his breath. He skimmed through the words on the page, quickly analyzing the persons photo just in case. He carried the document to the kitchen where Silver had left to. "Silver," Espio hummed, quickly catching Silvers attention. "I must go out for a bit to work on a case, I'm not sure if I'll be back before you just as a warning." Silver nodded gently, cupping the side of Espios face. They both quickly glanced over at the doorway, exchanged a swift peck on the lips as a goodbye. "Okay, I'll see you later then." Silver smiled, giving Espio a tight hug. "Goodbye Silver." Espio mumbled, slipping away from the hug and speed walking out the door. "Goodbye Vector." Espio quickly spoke before closing the door behind him. Vector rolled his eyes at the chameleons rushed farewell, continuing to sip his coffee and stare at the television.