Library

Third POV: (With Silver)

The afternoon had rolled around faster than Silver expected, the bright sun shining down on his quills as he walked up the plethora of stairs in front of the Library. He pulled open the warm metal door handles, already seeing the familiar silhouettes of his friends Sonic and Tails. "Hey Silver!" Sonic yelled, quickly getting shushed from the old library behind the front desk. He flashed an awkward smile at the woman before whipping his head back around and speed walking over to Silver with Tails by his side. "Hey Sonic, hi Tails." Silver whispered glancing over at the front desk woman who glared daggers at the group. "Hi Silver!" Tails whispered back. He had a bright, exited smile spread across his face as he impatiently stood beside Sonic. Silver and Sonic, acknowledging the foxes eagerness to explore the space, silently but quickly dashing for the rows and rows of bookshelves, the front desk woman scowling at them till they were out of her sight range. Tails immediately booked it to the bookshelves stocked head to toe with engineering books, magazines and blueprints, swiftly snatching up any and every book and paper that caught his eyes. Sonic took pleasure in the comic section, flipping through the pages of numerous books until he found a few that piqued his interest. Silver floated around the shelves a bit longer than the others, his fingers running alone the smooth spines of the book. He scanned through multiple sections skimming over the titles of multiple books without removing them from their shelves. One section in particular caught his attention though. It was small selection on gardening and plant books, given the city the library was located in didn't leave much room for such activities to be popular amongst the masses.

He ran his finger down the thin spine of a gardening book, gently slipping it out of its snug place in between the other books. He stared down at the vibration colors on the cover, slowly lowering himself down onto the ground and over to the plush arm chairs and desks where Sonic and Tails had sprawled themselves out on. Tails was sat at a dark wooden desk, books stacked high on top of one another and blueprints scattered all across the table, leaving little room for others to sit. Sonic was laid across a gray armchair, a few comics laid beside the chair with his feet kicked up on the arm rest. Silver sat on the floor beside the armchair, scooting himself into a nice corner with just enough light to see the book in his hands. He flipped through the pages, admiring the colorful and extravagant flowers and plants on the pages. "What ya got there?" Sonic asked, poking his head from over the edge of the arm rest. Silver stayed silent, shifting the book to show Sonic the images of flowers and other plants. "Huh, I think I've seen that one at Vanillas before." Sonic hummed, pointing at a pinkish red flower with short petals and a yellow center. Silver didn't bother actually reading the book and the little descriptions of each flower and plant, he simply took to admiring their appearances page by page.

Eventually Tails has gathered the books he wanted to check out as well as Silver and Sonic. They returned all the books they had taken out back to their designated shelves before walking toward the front desk. Tails carried all his books with two hands, insisting that he could carry it as he hauled them onto the front desk. He sheepishly smiled at the woman who continued to glare at him with unamused eyes. She  reluctantly began scanning the items, not caring to move at a time efficient manner. As she scanned the books Silver took his time to look around the place. The library was brand new, only opening a few weeks prior and because of that it was relatively tidy. Despite its relatively clean interior there were some noticeable concerns. Frayed wires stuck out from certain corners of the ceiling and walls, the charging outlets hung loosely from the walls and the air has a faint smell of smoke. The smell was the most concerning, and looking around Silver seemed to notice where it was coming from. He peered behind Sonic, watching as two young children pulled and yank at some frayed wires sticking out of an outlet. The smell of smoke became more pungent and only now did Sonic, Tails and the front desk woman notice it. The loud shrieks of the two children paired with them scurrying away from the mess of wires already confirmed Silvers fears, but at that moment it had already been too late.