Room

Third POV:

The house was oddly silent, aside from the quiet echo of Charmys voice every once in a while. Charmy and Silver had been in Charmys room for a few hours now, Espio staying in his room except for the moment he went to Vectors desk to grab some documents for a detective case they had been working on. After a few hours, Charmy and Silver eventually left the room, returning to their activities in the living room with Vector. Espio remained in his room well into the afternoon, not anticipating to come out any time soon. He silently wept, stared at the ceiling, sorted through documents, messed with his hoodie strings, hugged onto his pillow, everything other than sleep which admittedly is what he should have used the time for. He watched the seconds pass on his alarm clock, his body lying limp beside his bed frame. His head jolted up when hearing a knock on his door, his heart racing, head throbbing and hands shaking all in a matter of seconds. "Hey Es, we're ordering out. You wanna come down?" Vector mumbled from outside his door, pressing his ear against it at an attempt to hear Espio. "I'm not hungry.." Espio croaked, cringing at his own words when hearing how broken and strained his voice was. He watched Vectors shadow move around a bit from underneath his door, his eyes burning again once seeing Vector slowly walk away. Espio wiped the tears from his eyes for the millionth time today, quickly crawling back into his bed and hugging his pillow as he curled in on himself.

"He's not comin' down." Vector sighed, scratching the back of his head as he walked down the stairs into the living room. "But he hasn't eaten all day!" Charmy protested, flinging his arms upwards. "I know kiddo but this is just one of those things we gotta leave to Espio." Vector hummed, rubbing the top of Charmys head. Charmy pouted a bit, crossing his arms against his chest. "Maybe he doesn't like take out." Charmy mumbled, dangling off the couch upside down. Vector hummed, eyeing the stairwell before walking over to their office phone. He put in the order, making sure to add a few of Espios favorites in hopes it will lure him out of his room.

*

Espio heard the doorbell chime, glancing at the window momentarily. A few minutes passed and a familiar knocking sounded from behind him again, Vectors shadow peeking from underneath his door. Espio pulled himself away from his pillow and out his bed, slowly creaking the door open but keeping his head low. "I've got some food for ya." Vectors mumbled, a small hint of enthusiasm laced his words. While the smell of the food did make Espio salivate, his stomach also began to churn, bringing back his previous feelings of nausea from the morning. Vector saw this, gently resting his hand atop of Espios head. "I know you feel bad cuz of you and Silvers little squabble but ya gotta eat something Es, you're still recovering." Vectors pity for the chameleon only made his eyes burn with tears all over again. "I'll take the food.." Espio kept his head low, his shaky hands lifting up to take the paper plate.

Vector softly smiled, happily handing Espio the plate of food and softly patting him on the shoulder. "How is Silver doing..?" Espio mumbled, his voice cracking and his eyes already beginning to slightly water. "He seems to be fine, just a little quiet.. Everyone gets into fights Es, just give em some space and talk to him tomorrow." Vector hummed, pulling his hand away from Espios shoulder and returning back to the living room. Espio slipped back into his bedroom, resting his back on his door as he closed and locked it. He had no real intention of actually eating the food, the smell still making him feel queasy. He rested the plate on his dresser, walking back to his bed and sitting on the edge of the mattress. He climbed on top of the bed, shifting the blinds so he could open the window. A cold breeze whipped against his face, the dried streams of tears immediately getting cooler than before. Espio took a deep breath in, resting his head in his arms as he stared up at the moon and stars in the dark night sky.