Wake Up

Espios POV:

I slowly opened my eyes, the entirety of my vision hazy and distorted. My heavy heartbeat synchronized with the agonizing throbbing in my head, the painful sensation only making it significantly more difficult to sit up. It was hard to process the area around me. Any attempted to recall previous memories only made my head pound harder which also made my heart beat quicken. Frantic muffles mixed with the ringing in my ears, only making me more confused as to my current situation. A hazy blob began rushing towards me, my heartbeat quickening as I pressed my back on whatever was behind me. What started as slow swatting quickly turned into aggressive thrashing as I felt my arms being held down. A painfully familiar robotic figure stood in front of me, seemingly mocking me with its mere presence. My thoughts were scrambled, making it a pain just to have a simple thought process. I sealed my eyes shut as I continued to thrash, my only wish being to remove myself from the hazy blobs grasp.

Third POV

"Hold him down, the last thing we need is for him to hurt his head again." A doctor order, two other nurses gently but firmly grabbing Espios arms and holding them to his sides. Espios thrashing only escalated, his tail wrapping around one of the nurses arms as a result. "RELEASE ME YOU VILE EGG TECHNOLOGY!" Espio snarled, both the nurses holding him down exchanging a worried glance. "Sir he's becoming more unstable!" One of the nurses yelled, grunting slightly from Espios tail tightening its grasp around their forearm. "He's hallucinating now?! When was I going to be told that, huh?!"

Vector snapped at the doctor, standing up from his chair outside the clinic and glaring at the doctor. "Sir, if you would please sit down, we have everything under contro-" The doctor was cut off by Vector. "Under control?! We've been sat out here for the past 2 hours and the moment he's awake you fail to mention he's HALLUCINATING?!" Vector raved, pointing his thumb back at Charmy who sat half awake on the wooden seating chair. "Outta my way!" Vector growled, shoving past the doctor and marching into the room. Espios eyes were sealed shut as he whipped his body around, his legs kicking in every direction in attempts to brake free. "Espio it's me Vector,-" Vector grabbed both of Espios shoulders, keeping him somewhat still as he calmly spoke to him. "-ya need to calm down."

Hyperventilating, Espio snapped his eyes open, the familiar voice giving him a slight sense clarity. His thrashing slowly ceased, Vectors grasp on his shoulders loosening as well. "Release me." Espio growled between pants, the two nurses immediately letting go of his arms and scurrying out the room. "What happened?" Was the first question Espio asked once calming himself down. Vector averted his eyes before speaking, "Silver got shot in the stomach by a robot and you near almost cracked your skull open by shielding him from a hunk of concrete." Vector loosened his grip on Espios shoulders and letting his arm fall to his sides. "Where is he now?!" Espio croaked, coughing immediately afterwards from his previous yelling. "He's recovering from his surgery.." Vector averted his eyes, scratching the back of his head simultaneously.

"Is the surgery almost complete?" Espio questioned, pressing his palm against his forehead as he spoke. "It's been finished already. If you think you're good we can go check." Vector sighed, looking down at Espio as he rubbed his head. "Yes, I'd like to see him now." Slowly Espio pulled himself out of the hospital bed, his ears beginning to ring from the sudden movements. The moment his body was off the bed, his knees gave up on him. His hands began to tremble as the ringing in his ears intensified. The heaps of bandages covering his knees every so slightly soften the impact although the pain was still very much there.

"Are you sure you wanna go see him?" Vector question, quickly helping Espio lift himself off the floor. Leaning against the smooth brick wall, Espio groaned the ringing in his ears only intensifying as the seconds passed. "Yes I'm sure." Espio muttered, keeping his eyes sealed as he pressed his palm against his forehead and slowly made his way out the room.