Shooting

Third POV:

"Hey Everybody!" Sonic shouted, swinging the front door of Tails's house open. "WERE IN HERE!" Knuckles yelled from inside the house, the lights in the kitchen clearly indicating their whereabouts. Sonic and Silver walked to the kitchen, being met with Tails and Knuckles. "Hey guys!" Silver smiled, quickly waving to Tails and Knuckles. "Heya Silver! How've you been?" Tails chirped spinning around on a stool to face the hedgehogs. "I've been good, as good as I can be I guess!" Silver chuckled, scratching the back of his head. "Say Knux, if you're here who's watching the Emerald?" Sonic interrupted, lifting himself up to sit on top of the counter. "Amy said she'll cover me for a couple of hours." Knuckles replied, cracking his knuckles against the countertops. "Well that gives us just enough time, let's go guys!" Sonic beamed, a large grin spread across his face as he dashed to the door. Knuckles, Tails and Silver enthusiastically followed behind him, conversing in the time they spent walking to their destination.

*

"Here we are!" Sonic announced, his hands on his hips as he looked up at the big red sign above the building. "A shooting range?" Tails quirked an eyebrow, Sonic turning around to face the group. "Shadow recommended it to me, thought I'd be fun to try out!" He beamed, a large grin adorning his face. "Hell yeah, I'm in!" Knuckles exclaimed, playfully punching Sonic in the shoulder as he rushed inside. Sonic, Tails and Silver followed, joining in on Knuckles enthusiasm. They walked into the establishment, immediately being met with the front desk lady. "Hi.. uhh, I have a reservation." Sonic smiled, Silver, Knuckles and Tails having quiet conversation behind him. The employee clicked a few buttons on her keyboard, her gaze fixated on the screen. "Reservation for.. Sonic, correct?" The woman questioned, looking up at Sonic. "That's me!" Sonic chirped. "Perfect, I'll just need to see some ID and you're free to go." The woman smiled, typing a few more things onto the computer. Sonic reached back into his quills, pulling out his ID and handing it to the woman. She glanced over it and handed it back with a soft smile. "Great, you can walk through those double doors and an instructor will help you with the rest!" The woman pointed to the black double doors down a short hallway. Sonic quickly nodded, waving his hand to signal to the other to follow. He shoved both of the doors open, everyone's eyes gazing around the room. The room smelt of concrete and paint and was primarily gray with two small lines of red and yellow painted across the entire room. "Hello! I'll be your instructor for today!" Another woman in a neon vest greeted the group, catching all of their attention. The group sat through the brief but boring lecture on how to use the weapons, making small comments and jokes to one another during the explanation. "Well, that should be it, you're all set!" The woman beamed, her hands on her hips. Each person grabbed a pistol, standing next to eachother in the shooting range. "Bet ya can't get more points than me Knux!" Sonic boasted, a cocky grin spread across his face. "I'm not actually sure that's how thi-" Tails was cut off from Knuckles already aiming his gun at the target. "Challenge accepted!" He sneered, shooting two bullets in the chest of the target. Tails and Silver smiled at the duos childish games, taking shots at their own targets. Loud bangs erupted throughout the room, slightly overpowering Sonic and Knuckles aggressive banter when competing against each other. While those two were going at it, Silver and Tails made friendly conversation whilst shooting at their targets. As the day went by, the sun began to set and the group had eventually had enough shooting for one day. Knuckles and Sonic counted up their points only for it to be a tie between them. To everyone surprise Tails had been the one to get the most headshots, Sonic giving him a hearty pat on the head for his accomplishment. They waved goodbye to the instructor and the woman at the counter, Knuckles holding the door for everyone to exit. "Well this has been fun but I should probably get back!" Silver smiled, rubbing the back of his head. "We were planning on eating at Tails's crib, you could call up the Chaotix and tell them you're gonna join us if you'd like!" Sonic offered, his voice sounding quite insistent on the matter. Silver fidgeted with his thumbs for a bit, averting his eyes to his shoes. "Well.. I guess staying out a bit longer would hurt." He mumbled, Sonic wrapping his arm around his shoulder and smiling at his response.