Morning

Third POV:

Vector was stunned, ever so gently tiptoeing into Espios room and peering down at Espio and Silver snuggled against each other. "What the-?" Vector whispered under his breath, a smug grin spreading on his face. He reached his hand down to the two, lifting the blanket overlapping both their bodies and pulling it up to their shoulders. Silver subconsciously nuzzled deeper into his pillow, a small smile forming on his face. Espio on the other hand quietly hissed, raising up his tail and whipping Vectors hand away. Vector immediately pulled his hand back, glaring at Espio in astonishment and rubbing the back of his hand. Espio began stirring a bit in his sleep, Vector taking that as his warning to leave and quickly but quietly scurrying out the room. He closed the door behind him, quietly chuckling to himself before walking back downstairs to the kitchen.

*

"Good morning!" Silver chirped, a warm and friendly smile beaming on his face as he walked down the stairs. "Mornin kiddo." Vector hummed, sipping on a warm cup of coffee and reading the daily newspaper. "Morning Silver!" Charmy giggled, his mouth stuffed with sugar cereal. Espio slowly walked down the stairs behind Silver, gently holding his full plate of food that had been left to sit in his room overnight. "Espio!" Charmy smiled, choking on his cereal a bit before buzzing over to the stairs. "Good morning Charmy." Espio yawned, dipping his head to greet the bee. As they both made it down the stairs Silver went to go sit on the couch whilst Espio walked into the kitchen to dispose of the food. Vector set his newspaper down on the arm rest of the couch, pulling himself off the couch and smugly walking into the kitchen. He glanced at Espio who microwaving a mug of water. "So, how'd you sleep." Vector grinned, setting down his coffee cup in the sink. Espio took his cup out the microwave, setting it down on the counter and grabbing a tea bag. "It was.. alright, although my neck is in a bit of pain." Espio hummed, rubbing the side of his neck and grimacing at the discomfort from moving it. "Mm, I bet." Vector grinned, roughly patting the top of Espios head as he walked behind him to the doorway. "What may you mean by that?" Espio inquired, narrowing his eyes at Vector as he sipped his tea. "Nothin, just never took you as the cuddly type!" Vector sneered, Espio choking on his tea from the remark. "STAY OUT OF MY ROOM!" Espio yelled, his voice cracking and face flushing red. Vector, laughing in full, went back into the living room, snickering to himself as he plopped down at his office chair.

Espio shuffled back into the living room, his face still red as he sat down on the couch beside Silver. "Hey Silver, isn't that Espios hoodie?" Charmy asked, Espio turning his face away from Silver who looked down the sleeves overlapping his hands. "Ah yeah, It was cold last night and I couldn't find anything else!" Silver shyly replied, glancing over at Vector grinning from behind his newspaper. "That's no fair, Espio never lets me in his room!!" Charmy whined, glaring at Espio who returned the gesture. "That is because you are rowdy and touch everything with your sticky hands." Espio retorted, taking another long sip of his tea. "Nuh uh!" Charmy folded his arms, sticking his tongue out at Espio who simply rolled his eyes. "Oh, by the way Sonic said he'd drop by today to check up on you and Silver." Vector spoke up, looking up from his newspaper to look at Espio and Silver. "Ughh, must he come by so early in the morning." Espio groaned, resting his head on top of Silvers who quietly giggled at his dramatics. Vector and Charmy exchanged confused looks. "Es, it's one in the afternoon." Vector scoffed, watching Espios eyes widen with the newfound information. "Oh.. I hadn't realized." Espio mused, flinching as Silvers ear flicked in front of his face. Espio sucked his teeth in pain, rubbing the side of his neck. "What's wrong?" Silver mumbled, pulling his head away from underneath Espios. "Nothing to be concerned with, my neck is simply sore from sleeping incorrectly." Espio grunted, pulling his head up in an attempt to diminish the pain. "Here, sit in front of me." Silver smiled, turning his back to rest against the arm rest and crossing his legs. Espio complied, turning his back to Silver. "May I ask what is it you are doing?" Espio hummed, slight concern tinting his words. "Don't worry about it, just relax." Silver hummed back, sitting up properly and straightening his back.