The Two Sisters

Chapter 1 - The Two Sisters

A pair of twin dragons chased each other in the sky. One with smooth dark blue scales and webbed spines released a roar of water to her counterpart who dodged, sailing gracefully in a mocking matter. She adorned sharp crystal scales that gleamed different shades of blues and purples in the light.

The sisters moved carelessly in the clear blue sky, completely submerged in their game. Their laughs flowed with the wind while their blue wings stirred the clouds. Though soon, to their dismay, their fun was cut short when a gruff roar got their attention.

"SLOW DOWN!" Their guardian bellowed. Following worriedly after the twins was a giant vermilion dragon and his ivory ally. Igneel tended to the two sisters before they even hatched. He promised himself to raise them as his own. He saw great potential in the two, he also saw his fallen allies.

The Ice Dragon, Rydenious, and his mate, the Water Dragon, Vanora. The two dragons would have loved their children. Maybe just as much as they did humans. They loved humans and didn't see them as meals like most dragons. They enjoyed humans' looks at the world and the emotions they showed.

However, it was their love for humans that lead them to their death, they were killed defending them from other dragons. This caused a need for a truce between the dragons of the East and West. The water and ice dragons that passed were powerful and seen as the guardians of humans.

Their death was tragic yet in Igneel's eyes, he saw it as a sign. A sign that their offspring would bring legends and revelations just like their parent as they grew.

They were already revealing great amounts of power. Much to his displeasure. His thoughts were cast aside when a stream of water hit his snout accompanied by a harsh flurry of ice, following the little attack were giggles from the two perpetrators. He released a puff of steam that melted the ice, his face twitched with annoyance.

He could go on and on about how much he loved the sisters if they didn't prank him before he could do so. The twin sisters, Fountaine and Frosta...he wasn't good at names, and if those names didn't show it nothing would. That's why his ivory ally, Grandeeney, took it upon herself to rename them.

"Adira darling, stop spitting at Igneel and Y/N keep those blasts to your enemies." Grandeeney chastised the sisters. The girls looked at her with irritation, not happy about being scolded. Igneel sighed and lead the group to descend from their flight. "Both of you apologize he wanted to show us something special today,"

She sighed after seeing their pouting features. "But I understand if you'd rather go back to the den and rest." The sky dragon continued to scold them though it sounded more like teasing. The twins' faces changed but neither made a move to apologize.

Once they reached the ground Igneel started to sulk childishly as Grandeeney glanced at the sisters displeased. With that look, the two landed on top of the fire dragon making him 'collapse' to the ground from their strength.

The sisters nestled into him begging for forgiveness as Igneel comically looked defeated. The twins in no way actually brought him down he was ten times the size of them but it was instinct for him to act as if they did.

"I was aiming for Adira!"

"Y/N started it!"

The two said staring at each other in disgust. Adira looked offended and tried to argue until Y/N pounced on her starting a wrestling match. The two older dragons could only sigh in exhaustion. The twins of course looked the same and on many occasions like now even acted alike. But they were as different as can be.