The Fish

Chapter 11 - The Fish

"Who am I again?"

A pet.

Never.

"Why am I here?"

To serve.

Like hell.

"Where are my children?"

You are no mother.

I am! I have two children. Ryden and Nora!...

My Children...

_________________________________________

"...How did we end up here?" Natsu looked around in confusion. He remembered this room, it was the dining room from before. It looked different at night. It was no longer day so the only light came from the glowing moon. 

Happy looked up from his third fish now understanding the odd situation. 

He looked at the fish in his paws skeptically. "Is it okay to eat this stuff?" He questioned.

Natsu sweatdropped, "It's a little late to ask that buddy." Natsu looked at the table decorated with various meals. He poked at the roast in front of him. The smell reached his nose beckoning him to take a bite. 

He pulled a large chunk off the roast bringing it to his mouth, "I'm sure a few bites won't hurt." He mumbled through a mouthful of roast.

Happy shook his head feasting on another grilled fish. "I don't know. I think we should stop eating and find the dragon." The cat spoke in between bites. 

Either made a move to eat as they continued munching away merrily.

"Oh, it always makes my day when people eat my food array." A joyful voice startled the two. Standing before the dragon slayer and his cat stood a gleeful figure. A large smile rested on their tan face, a smile that didn't reach their bright purple eyes.

Their lavender hair had the texture of wool and on top of their hair, a pristine chef hat that matched their apron. "Go ahead, keep eating away! A midnight snack will be okay!" The chef sang merrily.

Natsu gave an unamused gaze to the oddball. He side eyed Happy who shrugged before looking at the chef. 

"Yeah thanks for letting us eat, I guess." The cook nodded eagerly at the two. 

"Great, I hope you enjoy the meal! If you need me don't be afraid to squeal!" With those words, the chef strode to a door in the dining room. Natsu and Happy watched as they left.

"Man, they sure are weird." Happy remarked. Not hearing a word from his friend the cat peered to the side at Natsu, whose face was stuffed with any surrounding food. "Natsu! Don't eat my fish!" Happy moved the platter from the man before eating the fish once again.

The two forget their entire reason for being at the castle and the dangers around them. They indulged in the food for a while before Happy became full. The cat looked at the fish on the platter before flopping on the table.

"Natsu we should probably look around before Erza kicks our butts." The cat sighed feeling sleepy after eating so much. Natsu waved him off as he slurped away at a bowl of noodles. "We'll be fine." He stated dismissively.

Natsu felt a squeeze at his waist. It must have been Happy's tail wrapped around him. He made a noise of surprise when the tail nearly pulled him back. "Alright, I'm going! Let go of me Happy." He urged.