The Division

Chapter 7 - The Division

"I can't wait to see what sweets Lia made!" Ryden stated happily marching on the snowy path. Nora smiled at the thought of all the sweets they'd enjoy. 

Koi walked in between the two still grasping the satchels of jewels.

"With all this money we can buy the whole store. Then we'll buy all of Earthland!" Koi laughed evilly. 

The siblings sweatdropped. 

"I think you'll need more than that Koi. You probably wouldn't be able to carry that much anyway." Nora giggled.

Ryden reached down to the cat. "Speaking of which let me help you carry those." Koi hissed before biting at Ryden's fingers. 

Ryden deadpanned as he looked at the marks on his hand. "Noted." He stated simply. 

"Bad Koi!" Nora scolded her furry friend.

Though she was surprised you didn't do so first. "Ma?" 

The twins turned to see their mother sagging behind completely exhausted. "Ma!"

Ryden ran over to your fatigued figure. Once he reached your side you finally fall over, landing on him. Ryden yelped as you both landed on the ground.

 Nora walked over to help Ryden's trapped form. The two heard you murmuring from your place on the snowy ground. Nora became scared as she pushed your shoulders a bit. 

"Ma! Are you okay?" She watched as you raised your head a bit, as you pointed your finger weakly.

"...humans...are...disgustingly weak-" You passed out before you could continue. The twins sweatdropped silence looming over them for a moment, "I think she's fine." Ryden smiled. 

Nora slightly elbowed Ryden hearing his words. "Quiet. We need to get her to the town doctor. Koi, carry Ma please!" 

Koi looked back at their twin friends, then at your twitching figure, then at the jewels hanging from their tails, then back to the twins. Koi continued to look back and forth in a frenzy, frustrating the twins.

Ryden and Nora gave a disapproving frown and Koi sighed as they dropped the satchels and moved towards the grounded dragon. 

"The things I do for love." Ryden laughed at Koi before they all set off to the town's gate. The twins rang the gate bell hurriedly not wanting you sick any longer.

Koi flew behind them, both their tails wrapped around you. "Uh guys, are guards supposed to sleep on their jobs?" The sibling looked at them confused before looking up. 

The guards sagged over their posts. 

Ryden pursed his lips. "No, they're not. Mayor Summer will be mad." Ryden stated.

Nora huffed, "Koi you go over with Ma, we'll meet you there."

Koi nodded and flew over the gates. Ryden looked at his sister who glowed from a magical circle underneath them, an ice pillar grew and raised them above the gate. 

"Here let me help." Ryden spoke up. 

The pillar Nora made melted and encircled the two forming a bubble. They floated down on the other side of the gate and the bubble popped. The two give a quick high five for a good job before they ran over to Koi and you.

Nora skimmed the town confused by its unusually quiet nature. "Hurry let's take her to the hospital." Ryden broke her out of her thoughts.

They led Koi to the hospital. As they walked the boardwalk of the town and soon began to see the problems. People lying on the splintery planks of the boardwalk, vendors sleeping at their stalls, fishermen sleeping in their boats.