The Punishment

Chapter 20 - The Punishment

"That's all you got?!" Laxus bellowed, he looked down at the two slayers before him.

The two reluctantly teamed up, but, despite their best efforts, they couldn't manage to hurt Laxus at all.

Even the combination of their draconic roars left the man unscathed while they remained floored by only one of his attacks.

"He's a monster." Gajeel coughed out beside Natsu, the pink haired man took more of the brunt hits. He would have been a goner if Gajeel didn't step in.

Though now as the two lay paralyzed from Laxus's lightning, they both were goners and they were going down together.

Laxus glared down at the two waiting to continue the fight, though neither moved, they couldn't.

"You're still alive or are you both just weak?" He could hear the two breathe, he could even hear their hearts. He was in the most heightened state for a dragonslayer, he was nearly a dragon.

He looked at his hands, a surge of uncontrollable power circulated in his grasp.

"I'll end this." He looked up at the two. "You two, every weakling in the guild, the old geezer, and all the pathetic people in this city!"

"I'LL EXTERMINATE YOU ALL!" The cathedral's grounds shattered from underneath his feet. The immense magic he held sickened the two before him.

Sweat trickled down Gajeel's head, "He's still going. Even after all we threw at him, he still has such monstrous power."

Natsu felt this before, this magic, "It's one of Gramp's spells." Gajeel's eyes widen.

"He's gonna cast Makarov's ultimate enchantment, it'll target whoever he sees as his enemy." Natsu gritted his teeth at Gajeel's disclosure.

There was nothing they could do as Laxus summoned even greater amounts of power.

With his opponents completely exhausted, and him being purely out of his mind, he readies to annihilate the entire Magnolia Town with,

"LAXUS!" A sharp voice screamed out through the strong currents of magic. Natsu's eyes widened at the sight of Levy's terrified figure.

"Levy! Get out of here!" He yelled, trying to get up as best as he could.

"Go away!" Gajeel followed, trying to keep her from further entering.

She ignored them both staring as bravely as she could as the blond charged the spell in his hand.

"M-Master is on the verge of death! You need to stop, he could take his final breath any moment! You have to see him!" She cried her words heard by each dragonslayer.

"He's dying?..." Natsu's struggling body nearly went limp at the thought of the old man who took in him and all of his friends perishing so suddenly.

This is terrible.

"This is great!" The grandson of the dying old man grinned.

The three's eyes widened in shock, the blond wore a similar look, though he looked far more psychotic

"Makes taking over the guild easier, don't you think?" He cackled as their shocked looks turned to grow enraged.

"What is wrong with you!!" Natsu roared, a frightening glare took over his face. "You'll never take over Fairy Tail!"

Laxus instead smiles defiantly and laughs off the matter, "Who cares what you think? Prepare to be obliterated!" He declared turning his attention to the radiant magic at his palms.