The Fallen

Chapter 24 - The Fallen

"I... I don't remember any of that!"

"I... truly don't remember." He repeats, his voice filled with genuine confusion and remorse.

Erza's wrath softens momentarily, replaced by pure disbelief. She lowers her sword, her gaze fixed on Jellal's troubled expression. It becomes clear to her that Jellal truly has lost his memories, unable to recall the pain and destruction he caused to her and to all she loved.

"You... don't remember?" Erza repeats, her voice filled with a pang of deep despair. "How is that possible?"

Jellal's eyes meet Erza's, his own filled with genuine confusion. "I don't know. It's like a fog has enveloped my mind, erasing everything but your name. I can't explain it. Have I truly done all you said? What should I do?!" He pleads falling to his knees.

Erza's grip on her sword completely loosens as she struggles to come to terms with this new revelation. She takes a step back, her gaze never leaving Jellal's jittery face as she bumps into your bewildered frame.

You place a hand on her shoulder and she briskly glances your way, "I don't know what to do." Erza discloses, her voice filled with uncertainty.

All eyes rested on the man as he stared at his palms in defeat. His memories, a blur ever since he was resurrected. He didn't know of anyone here except himself... and Erza.

Erza couldn't stand to see the man. She didn't want to believe how her once good friend who betrayed her now didn't remember anything he'd done.

She felt sick, her body faltering as she let his words sink.

She couldn't believe it.

"You're lying." The swordwoman choked out, you glanced at her then back at the man with a glare.

You remembered the hate and despair on Natsu and Gray's face at the sight of him. The extreme guilt Wendy suffered not too long ago because of him.

And now he didn't remember anything he caused.

It was unbelievable.

You scoff, "How coincidental? You're taken in by a dark guild and awaken Nirvana but you don't remember killing and hurting your own allies?!" You yell to the once immoral man.

Erza winced at the reminder, covering her mouth in shock. Her reaction earned the man's attention as he waved his hands trying to stop her thoughts.

"No! I didn't do any of that... at least I don't remember." He turned away from both of your eyes and looked at the enormous magic pillar behind him.

"Liar!" You hissed, though the man's words proved you wrong, your keen ears could hear the truth his voice held. Yet you just couldn't bring yourself to believe such an evil person could easily forget their crimes.

"He isn't lying."

You and Erza whip your heads towards the shadows behind you. A presence you forgot to call out in the midst of finding out about the blue haired amnesiac.

Cobra emerges from the darkness of the forest, revealing himself to all three of you.

"My master wanted to resurrect you. He said you knew about Nirvana." He uttered fully focused on Jellal as he carefully moved forward. "But he never told us you would know how to get here. Why is that?" He questions with a challenging leer.

Jellal looks between the man and you and Erza as he answers. "I... remember hearing voices," Jellal reveals, "I heard the voices of those who want Nirvana for themselves. I learned that its magic can't fall into anyone's hands."