The Reunion

Chapter 14 - The Reunion

"How dare you!" A shrill yell echoed through the cave.

The lavender haired chef kneeled beside the teen boy. They both cowered at their master, the bells on her fool's hat jangled as she paced around in anger.

"You idiots couldn't take down a few mages?! So many people come here to kill the dragon and you stopped them each time. But when they come to save her you fail?! Now they're going to take my dragon! NO, NO, NO!" The jester screeched stomping her feet so close to throwing a tantrum.

A yellow flash warmed the two kneeling mages. They sighed in relief when the jester moved her attention from them.

The butler stepped forward on his side a scrawny blond man latched to him unconsciously. The jester looked at the blond with clenched fists. Another one of her members was defeated. She pulled at the ends of her hat releasing an irritated growl.

The butler gave the woman a nervous smile and bowed with the blond. Upon doing so he revealed the hiding girl from her. She gasped in fear and bowed as well. The jester ignored her focusing on the conscious man.

"Faron." The jester started the smiling mask on her face looked menacing. He could tell she was anything but happy. "Are they dead?" She questioned looking down at the man. He sighed and placed Harbin down before facing her.

"M-Master at this moment Narcisa is dealing with them. All of them, we couldn't take them down." He admitted letting his eyes finally meet hers.

"So what you are saying is that you're all useless to me." She hissed at the four mages kneeling before her. The room remained quiet as the jester looked at every single one of them. "If Narcisa loses her fight you all will suffer! I don't even believe she will win, that's how much you've shown your worthlessness! I should have dismissed you all once I saw the dragon." She whined.

The teen gritted his teeth at the jester's words. She always complained about them when they did all of the work. Sure she could control people but she couldn't do it without them.

The butler held into the boy's shoulder as if telling him to keep his mouth shut.

The boy sighed inwardly. Though he was still angry about losing his fight, he hoped that the guild took down this fool.

"Now if you excuse me I need to check on my pet!" She walked off discharging them as she moved further into the cave. The butler sighed once she left before turning his gaze to the chef.

"Get them out of here Sous, that's all I ask of you." He asked the chef who nodded tiredly at him. Faron thanked them before looking at the two teens.

"Sous will take you somewhere safe. Hopefully, I'll see you there." The teens grimaced at his words but nodded nonetheless. He gave them a saddened look and patted their heads before sinking into the ground to finish a fight they'd lose no doubt.

_________________________________________

"Koi!" The cat cracked open their green eyes with new vigor. Their energetic gaze met the twins who seemed just as happy.

Everyone stood up now awakened from the sleeping spell. Natsu let out an obnoxious yawn earning a glare from Gajeel.

They all sat up making their way into the castle's halls comprehending the events that just took place.

Lucy sighed as she placed a hand on her head. "This is almost over. The villagers are safe and now we just need to find your mom." She stated looking at the twins who smiled eagerly. "Yes, and it should be easy with so many of the enemies down." Ryden cheered.