The Battle of Fairy Tail

Chapter 18 - The Battle of Fairy Tail

Fairy Tail was as rowdy as ever.

The bar was filled with male members who chatted and praised Mirajane. She remained oblivious to them while she handed out drinks with a pretty smile.

Nab stared at the quest board for the unkempt time but has still yet to pick a job.

Levy read a book while Jet and Droy practically drooled over her.

Natsu and Gray argued and called each other names before smiling and laughing with each other when Erza turned to observe them.

She huffed and continued to give a scolding to anyone out of order as the master left her in charge. Though even through her watchful eye she couldn't stop a fight from ensuing.

It didn't take much for a fight to break out. Just a simple throw of a mug and chaos ensued.

Haphazardous blasts of magic, yelling and fighting, flying furniture, the whole accord. It was something everyone here was used to and smiled out knowing this was their guild.

Lucy shook her head at the sight of her fellow members fighting for no reason once again. She remembered dreaming of joining the place where it was known for friends and family always coming first.

Though at the moment she could only see her guild stuck in a mindless brawl, but if you looked past the fighting and drinking you'd see the happy faces of everyone as they enjoyed the comfort of each other.

Like Happy who ate his fish with a new guild member. A cat who had an obsession with fruit. The flying cat was much more friendly than their partners.

Her smile tugged down upon noticing the two other members while skimming the guild.

Far off in the corner of the guild, two twin children sat gloomily. The boy stared blankly at his hands while his sister rested her head on the table hiding her face. The sight pulled at her heart seeing the two so depressive.

They joined before her yet were still less close to everyone than she was.

They weren't set aside either. Everyone would go out of their way to find and talk to them, even inviting them to jobs where the two would excel as they helped.

She was surprised at how powerful the two children were. They caught the eye of many members who wanted the two under their wing. Even Natsu wanted the two to join their made up team of her, Erza, Gray, Happy, and himself.

Everyone tried their best to help the two feel welcomed and content like they all were. Yet they still preferred to stick to themselves. Waiting and waiting.

She didn't know what for.

She watched curiously as Mirajane walked to the table with bowls of ice and cups of water. Lucy raised a brow at the odd meal she gave the two children.

They barely acknowledge the platter or the soft smile Mirajane gave them. She said something to them that Lucy couldn't hear, the two children didn't seem to hear her either, or they simply didn't want to.

Mirajane sighed at their lack of response before leaving them to themselves. Mirajane turned, spotting Lucy staring over and walked over.

"Can I help you, Lucy?" She questioned with a smile, Lucy's hazelnut eyes instead peered back to where Mirajane once stood.