The Guild

Chapter 8 - The Guild

Hurry Koi! Get to flying alright. I-I love you all, okay?" You waved them away distressed.

Nora screamed as your figure crashed to the ground. The people surrounding you closed in as they watched them fly away. Ryden looked down wide-eyed and speechless. Koi flew with a teary expression. Not stopping just like you said no matter how much they wanted to.

Time passed as Nora tired herself out from screaming. The other two remained quiet. Nora still couldn't believe it.

You were strong right?

Of course, you are!

So why did they have to leave?

Nora didn't want to believe any of this was happening, she just wanted to go back home.

She wanted to go home and play with the other kids on the beach again. While you would be worked by the elders and the other villagers gawked at your strength. She wanted you to braid her hair while she and Ryden would read. 

To tell her and Ryden about their aunt Adira and all the dragons you knew. She just wanted everything to go back to normal. She didn't want to travel anymore if it meant being away from you.

As soon as the girl caught her breath she began to grow out of her thoughts. "Koi! Let me go!" Nora tried to squirm out of Koi's hold. Ryden began to tear up seeing Nora's outburst. Koi started to sink, their wings growing tired from the hours of flying.

The flying cat had enough of her outburst, "Stop it, Nora! Y/N said she'll come back! If we try and help we'll only get in the way! S-So..." Koi began to sniffle, and Nora stopped her struggle. 

She looked at Ryden's blank teary eyes before looking at the horizon where the town long faded from her view. The sun now setting after all the events.

Nora pursed her lips hearing her friend's cries. "I'm sorry Koi, don't cry. We're pretty far now. You can land somewhere. Okay?" Koi nodded and began to descend from the sky.

Koi went close to the unfamiliar land, though from all the flying their wings finally left their exhausted body. The three crashed to the ground landing harshly on the prickly grass underneath them.

Emotionally tired from the events they've witnessed they all lay on the ground. Each took a moment to think as they gazed at the reddened sky. Ryden closed his eyes and Nora pulled Koi into a hug.

A moment passed before the girl looked at the older twin in distress. "What do we do now?" she asked. Her voice was hoarse from her earlier cries. 

Ryden peeked over at his sister's upset face. The blue-eyed boy sighed his hand reaching at the jewel on his ear.

"We can't stay like this. We need to find shelter until ma finds us." Ryden sat up. He'd have to take charge with no adults around. Luckily with all he learned from you, he knew how to get by. Moving his sister and friend to an area surrounded by trees they sat and watched as Ryden found the materials for a fire. He came back to arrange them in the center away from the trees.

"What are we gonna eat?" Koi asked wearily from Nora's hold. Ryden frowned before he remembered the small green pack he still had with him, he rummaged through it before finding dried fruits and fish. He handed it out to the two leaving less for himself. Nora noticed this.

"I'm not hungry." She shoved the food back at him. The boy looked at her suspiciously before he bit into the fruit. Nora watched in disdain and it wasn't long before the hungry girl's stomach growled. Nora looked away from her brother's gaze embarrassed.