The Thunder Palace

Chapter 19 - The Thunder Palace

Once again the lively town of Magnolia was decorated to the brim with colorful streamers and banners all around. The city was beaming with life as the people wandered around in excitement.

It made sense for them to feel this way

The Harvest Festival was in the midst of preparation.

The citizens smiled away while they waited for the night to fall. For when the sun set the mages of Fairy Tail would stream around town on mystical parades showing their magic to the public eye.

They couldn't wait to see it and neither could the members of the said guild... all except one.

_________________________________________

Makarov, the head of Fairy Tail, sat at his desk with an eager grin. "Almost done." He quietly cheered to himself.

The man was excited himself. The preparations for the Fantasia parade were coming along smoothly. Not to mention that this was the year he and his grandson could participate together. The teen always talked about partaking when he was younger.

And now was his chance.

Said teen was slumped in a chair in front of his grandfather. His orange eyes thickened with thoughts. Makarov raised a brow at the boy and placed the papers in front of him.

"Laxus?" The blond looked at him with a strained glare. "What's on your mind, boy?" The older man questioned.

The blond frowned as he turned his gaze to the office's wooden floors.

"I don't want any part in the parade." He uttered simply. His words shocked his grandfather.

"Now why wouldn't you want to participate in the Fantasia parade?" Makarov asked curiously.

He couldn't understand it. The boy loved anything that involved Fairy Tail. The members, the events, every single part of it. Though things seemed to have changed in the upcoming years causing the teen to put up a cold front.

Laxus furrowed his brows as he looked at the man in disbelief. "How can you even ask that, old man?!" The teen uttered in shock.

It wasn't too long ago when the teen had to watch his father be dragged away from the guild, with orders straight from the old man himself.

"How can I celebrate after you kicked Dad out like that?!" Makarov frowned at the boy's words yet he didn't move to answer, so Laxus continued.

"Things were uncomfortable enough already. Ever since I was little, people have looked at me as only one thing." He pointed to himself with a revolted look.

"Your grandson. All I am is your grandson! Nothing I do ever earns me proper respect from anyone! They want me to do more even when I do my best. And when I finally do it, it was expected because I'm the grandson of Makarov, the master of Fairy Tail!" He declared, nearly glowing red from irritation.

Makarov hurriedly shook his head, "That's only how you see it. You're a brave and strong young man who will surely be a powerful mage. It has nothing to do with me or your father. It's all about how you grow." He tried assuring the boy.

Laxus shook his head in frustration. "That's only how  you see it. If they aren't expecting me to be perfect like you then they assume I'll be evil like Dad." He admitted.