(Housebroken): Julieta snaps

Julieta paced her room, her ears twitching as she picked up the sounds of her mother berating her younger brother and the arguing and defense of her brother-in-law outside the door. She seethed at the thought of her mother blaming her son for something he didn't do. For something he couldn't control. It wasn't his fault, it never was. Bruno had been nothing but helpful and supportive since this whole mess started when they were 12.

And now their mother was ruining it.

Julieta knew that their mamá had driven her hermanita, Pepa, to a breaking point. She knew that the redhead could only hold back so much emotion for so long, and Felíx could only do so much. It was only a matter of time before she snapped. Julieta didn't blame her one bite.

A low growl escaped her throat her she paced, her footsteps becoming heavier as she slowly lost her cool. Agustín worriedly looked at her from the bed and moved to grab her arm, holding her in place. He could feel the trembling with anger, and it worried him, especially after what happened with Pepa.

"Mi amor, maybe we should sit down for a minute-" Agustín jumped when Julieta snapped her head towards her, her ears flat against her head before she blinked and looked at him, her body relaxing a bit more.

"I-I can't," Julieta said, fidgeting with her hands. "Pepa she...she was right. I know she was." Agustín looked at Julieta, worry evident on his face.

"What are you...?" He was confused. He didn't see what had happened before he left the room when they were wrestling Pepa into her room, and even then, he had tried to ask but got no answer.

"I'm talking about mamá, Agustín," Julieta said, looking up at her husband. She could feel an emotion rising in her, one she couldn't quite explain or comprehend. "She was right about all of this, all of it...it's hurt fault," Julieta failed to notice Agustín's face falter, and her hands clenched as her body tensed.

"If she wasn't so selfish and didn't put so much pressure," she said, her brows furrowed in anger.

"Juli, I think-"

Julieta cut Agustín off, practically seething. "If she had just listened for once. If she had just...looked. We would still have our kids, Pepa would have hers!"

"Julieta-"

Julieta spun around, gripping Agustín's shoulders with intensity and strength that scared him. Her ears were not fully visible and alert, flicking at the increasingly loud voice outside the door. He looked in her eyes, and saw the same look he saw in Pepa's eyes in the brief moments he was able to look at her.

"Agustín. She needs to learn. She needs to look, to listen," Julieta muttered, her teeth bared. "She can't keep destroying the family, our family. Not like this. Not anymore."

Agustín saw Julieta's eyes look at the bedroom door, and she stalked towards it. He grabbed her arm, trying to pull her back. But for some reason, he couldn't. While she wasn't walking nearly as fast as before, he could tell she was still moving, clear by the fact that her feet were still moving forward now, the thuds ringing out in the room.

"If she can't see," Julieta said, reaching for the doorknob. "Then I'll make her see." Agustín immediately pulled her back. She fought against his hold, struggling to break free from his grip.

"Julieta, no!" He yelled out, but Julieta was listening. The only thing on her mind was to get to her mamá and make her see just how much damage she had caused to her family. She would hold her down if she had to.

Fear and worry gripped Agustín as he held Julieta back, who was snapping and growling as she struggled in his hold. He knew that she had succumbed to whatever had affected Pepa. And if both of the sisters were like this, then it was only a matter of time before Bruno did as well.