(Giant Siren AU): Human

Gups find someone on the island

"Who is that?" Camilo asked, looking at the shore of one of the islands. There a figure, a man perhaps?

"I don't know," Mirabel shrugged. "Maybe he's from that shipwreck over there." Mirabel pointed to the ship that had crashed in the jagged rocks. The ones that they playfully climbed and played hide and seek in.

"We should call the others and go check it out," Camilo said, bumping shoulders with Mirabel. "Maybe we can check out the ship too."

Mirabel hesitated for a moment before shrugging. It was just one human. If something bad happened, they could always call someone to help. It wouldn't hurt. The two guppies released a call, one that only other guppies could hear. They found themselves surrounded by their friends only a few moments later.

"Why'd you call?" A boy a year older than them, named Andre asked.

"There's a human over there," Camilo pointed to the island. "And we wanna go check it out. You guys wanna come?"

The other guppies looked at each other curiously before agreeing to tag along. Immediately, they all swam through the water, cutting through it quickly. They excitedly chattered among each other, giggling and wondering why a human was out there. Humans were never allowed, or at least not supposed to within the Encanto Islands. Especially not so close to the main island. At least, that's what the guppies were told.

They were also told to never go near humans.

And yet here the were.

"Where are his scales?" A young guppie, Ana asked as she went to touch the humans a man, skin. Her older sister pulled her hand away. None of them had ever seen a human before. Only heard stories from the elders and their families. Alma had always said that they were the most dangerous things to sirens like them.

"I heard humans don't have scales. Or gills," Camilo said picking up a stick. He used it to poke the man a few times before carefully moving his torn shirt to see his neck. No gills.

"Then how are they supposed to breathe underwater?" Another guppy asked, yanking on the shirt.

"They can't," Andre asked. "They have to breathe regular air."

"You know, my papá said that when humans are pulled out of the water, they get water in their chest," The oldest of the group said, and she continued. "Another human has to push on their chest and kiss them."

The guppies all collectively let out an 'ew' before glancing back at the human.

"You think he's dead?" One asked and Mirabel got close, carefully getting closer, while Camilo was armed with his stick.

The girl tapped his face. No response. She could see that his chest was moving, so he had to be alive. Mirabel did it again, this time with more force. This time the man groaned and shifted, and the school jumped back. One of them had grabbed a large leaf, filling it with water. He carried it over to the man and glanced back at the others. With a nod, he poured the water on the man's face.

It seemed to wake him up. He sputtered, shooting up as he spit water out of his mouth, wiping his face.

"W-Wha?! Where am I? What happened?" The man asked, his eyes darting around behind thick glasses. His eyes focused and he finally saw the guppies, gathered around him, staring. "Uh...Am I dead?"

Camilo snickered before lowering his stick slightly. "No, you're still alive...I think. Are you a human?"

"Um...yes?" The man adjusted his glasses, taking in the appearance of the guppies. Makeshift, torn clothes. Wild hair, gills, scales, and even sharp teeth from what he could see. "What are you?" The man asked and the guppies glanced at each other before looking back at him.

"Sirens," Mirabel said and the man's eyes widened before he looked around, realizing he was no longer on a ship but instead on a small tropical island. Surrounded by what, sirens? Baby sirens?

"What is this place?" He asked.

"You ask a lot of questions," Mirabel elbowed him and he shrugged. "What? He does!"

"This is the Encanto Islands," Mirabel replied and the man looked around in awe.

"We made it...We actually made it! It's real!"

Wait.

We?