(Mermaid AU): Luisa to the Rescue!

Mirabel nervously looked around the kitchen, hoping and praying that no one came in. Being a rather clumsy 6-year-old, taking after her father, she had gotten herself into this situation. It was on accident though! She was only drinking water, but then a thunder crack likely from her Tia, scared her. And she spilled water all over herself and her dress.

And now she was here, her mermaid form fully realized.

She hadn't quite perfected the art of changing back into her human form at will---in fact, she could barely maintain swimming. Both she and Camilo were "guppies" as Isabela and Dolores put it. They had only just got their tails, and were still very much learning about everything.

"Lola...can you come help me? O-Or maybe send someone?" Mirabel whispered, and Casita's tiles rumbled as if trying to calm the girl. The last thing she needed was a freakout and someone, like one of the adults, hearing her.

Mirabel's tail curled inward as she waited hopefully. She didn't have enough time to dry off. Even if she managed to drag herself to the counter and grab the rather small towel, her dress was still wet, and she knew she wasn't fast enough.

After waiting a while, Mirabel hears rushed footsteps. Her heart pounds in her chest as she watches the door, trying desperately to move back behind the counter and out of view of the door. She let go of a breath she didn't know she was holding when Luisa came into view. Her older sister walked over, picking the girl up with ease.

"Mirabel! Are you okay? What happened?" She asked, moving towards the more discreet door out of the kitchen.

Mirabel looked down in embarrassment and slight shame as she explained what had happened. "I was drinking water and got scared and I spilled it everywhere," she said, her eyes looking towards Luisa. "And I couldn't figure out how to change back."

Luisa reassuringly smiled at Mirabel as she made her way up the stairs, her sister in her arms. "Well, don't worry. Isa and Lola will teach you how."

"Did you pick it up fast?" Mirabel asked and Luisa shook her head, snorting.

"Nope! And it was bad too. I was always moving the bridge or rerouting the river, and had to keep from getting wet," Luisa recalled, and Mirabel frowned.

"Did you get caught?" She asked.

"No, thankfully," Luisa sighed, placing Mirabel on the bed and reaching into the closet to get her dry clothes and a towel. "But it did take me about a year, almost two."

Luisa handed Mirabel a new dress, the young girl having finally dried off and taken off her old one. Luisa helped her put the new one on. "So...what do I do?"

Luisa shrugged. "I guess for now...don't get wet. It might seem hard at first, but I promise, you'll get used to it," Luisa said. "Isabela and Dolores are pros, and when we go out later tonight you can ask them how, along with Camilo."

Mirabel held her older sister's hand, and decided to follow her, not wanting to be far in case it happened again."Well...I hope I don't get wet again. Especially in from of the others."

Luisa shook her head, reassuring her sister once more. "Don't worry, you won't. I'll make sure of it."