(Ballet AU): Stagefright

Luisa was nervous as she stood behind the curtain. She...Well, this was her first show. With Mirabel, of course. But it didn't make her any less nervous. Her eye twitched as she looked out behind the curtain, where the crowd was. Her white tutu fell around her, bobbing gently as she paced. She was the lead, Odette. And she was terrified.

"Luisa?" Luisa turned, seeing Mirabel standing there, dressing in a black version of what she herself was wearing. Of course, Mirabel was Odile. A role opposite to Luisa. So the two would be on stage together.

"Mirabel, a-are you sure you don't want to be Odette? I wouldn't mind!" Luisa asked, walking up to Mirabel. The girl laughed, shaking her head.

"This is your show. I'm not going to take the spotlight from you, it's your time," Mirabel explained. Luisa tapped her foot nervously, her ornate pointe shoes making a soft clicking sound.

"I'm...I'm sorry," she sighed. "I'm just nervous. I don't want to mess anything up. Even more, I don't want to disappoint Abuela," Luisa said, glancing at the beaded bracelet on her wrist. Her abuela had given it to her before the show.

Mirabel squeezed Luisa's hands as the music for her next act began to play. "Don't worry Luisa. You got this." Mirabel said, giving Luisa a gentle smile. Luisa seemed to relax and watched as her sister rushed off to begin her part of the show. Luisa watched her, mesmerized. But...maybe Luisa could be like that.

Maybe.