Chapter 14

Morning light broke the blackness from tightly closed eyes. And as Jack felt it, he immediately got up, with still fresh fear in his sight and bad worries in head.

"Fuck..." The guy mumbled, standing from the familiar, big bed and looking around the room.
Soft, but cold light from windows, usual lines of furniture and good known details of the room stayed in the right way they always were. Nothing seemed to be wrong this time, except only one, but the most important circumstance: Peter wasn't here anymore.

Jack really got frightened, not seeing his friend there. He quickly rushed out from this room, looking for the blonde man in another places of small flat. Bur he saw nothing even reminding about teacher's presence.
Although student didn't want to give up that fast. He still was crazily running around the apartment and checking all the spots, thinking that it may be just a silly game. He opened every door of every room, looked inside of wardrobe and even stoke his head under the bed, desperately hoping to see Mr. Johnson somewhere again. But of course it was senseless to do in absolutely empty apartment.

So the guy slowly sat down on the small sofa in the living room and put his hands over the green head. He felt how fast was his heart and somewhere deep inside squeezed his stomach. Also Jack's body was terribly shaking because of strong worries.
He really was afraid that he agreed too late and they already harmed or killed Peter. Moreover when the student thought about all the things they actually could do to Mr. Johnson on his eyes immediately appeared some frightened tears. To loose this man meant to loose everything for him.

For a few minutes Jack was just helplessly drowning in his thoughts. But then he finally decided to do something. The guy quickly rose up, desperately looking for any ghost or the message in the unluckily natural and calm reality.
He learned the flat's territory again walking around once more, but at some reason didn't find anything in here. That's why student simply glanced outside the window, which didn't seem suspicious too. And in this moment unexpectedly heard behind his back a loud sound.

Jack quickly turned around, seeing that some books fell down from the closed. He carefully came to the messy things on floor and tried to put them back. But near the one he noticed a small paper with a black writing, which said: "You'll see the man you love after the killing."
As he read that, the guy immediately understood what he needed to do. Also he felt real determination to make this step. Probably because he was actually ready on everything for Peter, or just believed that this Hell will finish after girl's death.

The guy left some books laying on the floor and hurriedly put on his shoes with jacket, before rushing out from the flat.
A frozen view outside really contrasted. Light morning sky was covered by some gray clouds. And dark ground near numerous houses was decorated with brightly shining snow. Also the stairs and the closet yard looked truly calm, because every detail in here seemed safe and absolutely normal. Although the main streets were too empty for the late morning of Sunday, giving some unwanted, wrong thoughts.

Jack faintly frowned, running trough the living area. He was very confused, not knowing what to do or where to go next. And because of that the guy instinctively went to the always busy place with many shops or another important buildings.

But in this moment everything abruptly turned to the terrifyingly creepy world again, showing that he wasn't wrong, choosing that way. So student just continued going faster, carefully looking around the scary reality with perverted type of things.
The low sky got dark-red color and some snow turned black. However there also appeared a road of any transparently brown line, which leaded further to the shopping street. The blurring, glitching images slightly confused Jack too, even at the painfully familiar place with the spots he always knew. And in addition the changed people with terrifyingly ugly looks became visible, scaring guy with dangerous deformity and the necessary killing of the different one.