Chapter 16

Rain's POV

          It's been awhile since Sky and I came back from his hometown, and he still likes being cheesy but I'm slowly getting used to it.
         "What does my baby boy Rain want for dinner, hmm?" He said as he was slightly ruffling my hair as I had pushed his hand away.
        "You're always like this." I whined as Phayu just laughed on the sideline.
        "Rain, still his shy self when it comes to flirting." He said as I just gave him the side eye.
         "Shut it. Besides, hasn't Prapai ever been so cheesy when he flirted with you?" I asked as he just blushed and looked away.
         "See! You two were always extra when y'all flirted with us, and now you get the taste of your own medicine." I laughed a bit as Sky lightly slapped my arm.
         "Behave. You know P'Phayu hasn't seen P'Pai in awhile. Think of his feelings." He said as I nodded my head and looked at Phayu.
         "Sorry, P'Phayu. I was joking around. I didn't mean to make you feel sad if I did." I said as he just shook his head.
         "It's fine. We normally video call when we can but I guess he's been extra busy because it's been like a week since I've talked to him. I know he's supposed to be home next week but I just really miss him." He said as I had got up to go hug P'Phayu to comfort him a bit but someone must've gotten a bit too jealous as I soon was pried away from him.
        "Hey, you never comfort me like this when I'm down or need comfort." Sky said as I had just given him an "awe" look.
           "Are you jealous?" I teased as Sky had just crossed his arms.
            "You're hugging your ex boyfriend in front of your current boyfriend. Of course I'm jealous." He said as I just chuckled a bit before giving Sky a big hug.
          "Why are you so cute when you pout?" I said as I had pulled away, smiling at him.
           "Better?" I asked but he shook his head as he just pulled me back into a tight hug.
         "No, I can never get enough of you." He said with arms still wrapped around me as I had heard Phayu from the sideline.
         "I'ma leave you two love birds alone. I have some stuff to do for work back at home." He said as we had pulled away and I had waved off Phayu.
        "Look, you made him run away." I said as I had jokingly hit Sky's chest as I had turned and ran off.
         "Don't think that you can easily run away! I will catch you and you will be punished!" I heard behind me as I had let Sky on a chasing spree.

Phayu's POV

            I had left Rain and Sky to themselves while I run some errands before I went back home.
            "I sure do miss Prapai. And not hearing from him for a whole week is agonizing." I thought to myself as I was on my way back home.

        I had soon pulled up in my driveway when I had seen a familiar car parked. I knew it was Prapai's as I had quickly parked my car, got out running up to my house and quickly entered, but it was dark.
           "Weird, why is it so dark during the daytime?" I had thought to myself as I had reached for the lights by the door to being welcomed with balloons, pictures of us together on the wall, and a small candle lit dinner sitting on the table, but no sight of Prapai.
          "Pra…" I didn't even finish my sentence when I saw Prapai walking over to the table grabbing my hand.
          "I've been waiting for you." He said as I didn't think at all as I had pulled my hand away from him, then pulling him into a tight embrace.
            "I missed you so much. Why didn't you video call me or even email me that you were going to be home?!" I said with slight tears forming in my eyes as I soon was pulled away from the hug as he had lifted his hand to caress my cheek.
          "I'm sorry. I finished early, and I couldn't wait to see you. If I had called before I was done with my work, I didn't know how I would have handled wanting to see you." He said with a smile as he leaned in kissing my cheek.
         I nodded my head in understanding, "So what's all of this?" I asked confused.
          He smiled as he walked me over to the wall where the projector was running with a slideshow of our pictures of us from since we were friends.
          He had turned to me with a slight smile on his face.
          "I know that we've been friends for a long. Been through some tough things together and got through some heartbreak together. And I know that we haven't been dating long…." He had trailed off as he reached in his pocket, grabbing a box as he then got down on one knee.
          "Prapai…" I was lost for words.
            "Phayu, I have literally spent my whole time away thinking, and I couldn't be any more sure or happier….Phayu, will you make me the happiest person and marry me?"
          He popped the question as I was choked up a bit, and tears started to stream down my face.
          I nodded my head, "Y..yes." I said as I had handed out my hand to him, to him putting the ring on my ring finger before jumping up and pulling me into a tight embrace as he too had tears falling from his eyes.
         "I love you, Phayu" he said as he pulled away from the hug looking at me.
          "I love you too, Prapai." I said as he had leaned in and gently kissed me on the lips before parting.
          "Come, let's eat. I prepared a feast." He said with a smile as I nodded my head as he walked me over to the table pulling my chair out for me, as I sat down he walked over to the other end of the table also sitting down. I was still in so much shock that I just couldn't stop staring at my ring then at Prapai. All my life, I would have never thought that I'd be marrying my best friend until today and I'm honestly one of the happiest person alive. We had both just enjoyed our candle lit dinner as we also chatted about life and our work.