•I need to know who spoke.

XLVI. I need to know who spoke.

The rest of the family, most of them, came around to the shop before Tommy returned. They all threaded lightly around Maude, seeing her mood grow worse every time someone stepped into the building without any news of her child. Polly hovered over the girl, worried not only for her but the baby she carried inside her.

While everyone gathered around, standing around the table as they poured whiskey, Maude sat silently by the table, a cup of cold tea in front of her. She hadn't spoken since Tommy ran out. She hadn't moved since he ran out.

Tommy stepped back into the shop, his clothes and hair wet from the pouring rain outside. Maude's eyes followed him as he came to stand behind her, resting a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Where's Linda?" He questioned as he looked around.

"With Esme and Anna," Arthur replied as he poured a glass of whiskey.

"Esme's water broke," John informed them as he stepped into the shop, immediately accepting the whiskey Arthur handed to him. "I was just with her. Running around, fucking broke her water." He informed them as a heavy sigh slipped from his lips.

"Where is Finn?" Tommy questioned as he looked around for his younger brother.

"Out with the young ones, looking for the Riley," Arthur replied as he drank his whiskey. " We couldn't reach him." He added.

"Daniel and Henry?" Tommy questioned as he looked over at his older brother.

"Speaking with our coppers," Arthur replied as his gaze hesitantly flicked down towards Maude, knowing both brothers were pissed to be put on duty and not be able to support their sister.

"I need to know who spoke," Tommy demanded and everyone's attention turned to him, confused at the accusation he threw their way. "Our enemies know everything. Everything." He informed them. "I need to know who spoke about business outside of the family. I need to know who spoke and who they spoke to, now."

"Tommy, listen, uh..." Arthur hesitantly spoke up as he stared at his brother with furrowed eyebrows, cautious of Tommy's fragile temper at the moment.

Tommy's head snapped towards his brother, his cold gaze setting on Arthur. "Your wife, Arthur?" He questioned.

Arthur was silent for a second as he briefly looked between the rest of them before turning to Tommy. "I am going to tell myself that you are not thinking straight." He muttered softly as he shook his head. "Your mind is not clear."

Tommy's gaze turned towards John and Maude had an unsettling feeling growing in her stomach as she watched her husband accuse his family. "Or Esme getting cash for cocaine, eh, John?" He questioned his brother.

"Fuck you," John muttered softly as his face scrunched up in disbelief f Tommy's accusation.

"All of a sudden, back in the family, Ada." Tommy continued on as he turned to his sister and her face fell as she stared back at him. "Eh? That is a surprise. Out of the blue." He said and Ada slowly shook her head at him. "On whose orders?" He questioned.

"Tommy, this is not helping find him," Maude spoke up softly, sniffing as she wiped a hand across her wet cheek before glancing up at her husband with furrowed eyebrows.

But he wasn't done just yet. He wouldn't be done until he had his son back. His gaze shot towards Polly. "And you and your painter. You said he knows you. Things developed. You talked." He said and Polly blankly stared at him.

"Did you tell your brothers?" Tommy questioned as he glanced down at his wife, raising his eyebrows at her. "You tell Daniel everything." He added.

Maude stared back up at him, glaring at him. Not because he accused her, but because he even thought of suggesting her brothers were so unloyal to him. "I have never talked to anyone about private business!" She snapped at him.