CHAPTER 3

Their was silence everywhere in shantivan mansion apart from the footsteps which could be heard heading towards the dining room. Everyone took their seat as Payal with the help of Hp bring the final bowl. Their faces told of how their night went for they looked exhausted and tired. They were interrupted with a calling bell which kept ringing continuously irritating the hell out of them. Hp seeing the irritation on his boss face, run towards the door to answer it before he can express his anger on him.

Everyone attention was directed on the door and they failed to see Arav who arrived after Sheetal with a permanent scowl on his face glaring at Payal. Payal who saw it, casually shrug her shoulder before taking her seat between Akash and Anjali completely not bothered with what was going on.

"What the!"it escaped from Arnav mouth who saw a panting Aman running inside the mansion taking the nearer glass of water and drank it in a go before taking a seat. Others looked at him in concern wondering the reason he arrived in the mansion panting early morning.

"Payu please serve me any breakfast you've made, am starving and Hitler woke me early before I can prepare anything"said Aman failing Arnav plan who wanted to berate him the way he rang the bell.

Payal stood up serving Aman and herself before returning to her seat. Feeling the silence around him, Aman raised his head and found eyes on Payal and him, but he turned his concentration back to his meal not wanting to indulge on want wasn't his concern. Others looked at Payal waiting to be served as always but they remained shocked seeing her eating in silence that too with them when she always eat after them.

Knowing everyone eyes was on her, she was least bothered, she continued enjoying her meal not wanting to destroy her happy mood which happened after long time. Though not all were happy seeing her ignorance," hello bye bye, Khoon Tangi why are you sitting down before serving us ? weren't you taught in your maternal home the duties of a daughter-in-law?"question Mami in a commanding voice expecting her to stand up as always.

But they were in for suprise for neither did she react on her words or looked at her even ones. Mami ego was hurt, she glared at her twitching her lips embarrassed for the insult she received. Others looked at Payal surprised while Nani silently took the bowl and served herself. Akash was the one who couldn't bare to see the hurt on his mother's face.

"Payal didn't you hear Ma talking to you?"question an agitated Akash while Nani looked at him disappointed for instead of stopping his mother for calling his wife names, he was expressing his irritation on ignorance towards his mother. She realized expecting anything from her grandsons is a waste, she was ready to berate Manorama but she was interrupted with her granddaughter -in-law.

"Mr Raizada I heard your make-up kit mother mentioning some bloody foot, from which angle do my foot has blood? and why should I serve her?is she Queen of England or from which royal family was she born?. Beside if it's about daughter-in-law why don't she start by serving her mother-in-law , then maybe i'l learn from her. After all I know I can learn better, I heard she used to work for Raizadas as a maid....what changed?"told Payal calmly raising her one eyebrow towards Mami who looked down embarrassed.

Others were astonished hearing her response. Aman chocked and Anjali offered him water while Nk who just arrived chuckle attracting others attention. When he felt eyes on him he rubbed his neck embarrassed before sitting down. He looked at Aman who winked at him and the two burst out laughing unable to control themselves. Nk cleared his throat trying to diffuse the tension," Payal am really hungry what did you prepare today?"he uttered looking at the dinning table.