Chapter 4

It was the morning after the ceremony. George had spent most of breakfast catching up on his work, since he took half the day off yesterday. So when Dream noticed George looking around his throne area, he could guess what he was looking for.

"Lose something?" Dream asked.

"Uh, ya. I think I left some papers in the dining room. Can you go get them real quick Dream?" George said. Dream nodded, and got up and started heading towards the dining room.

On the way there someone stopped him in the hallway. Dream started getting déjà vu. And as the advisor started talking, it only got stronger.

"Hey, it's Dream right? I was... curious about you." The advisor said. Dream looked at him weird.

"Um... ya, that's me. Dream said, a little suspicious of him. The advisor thought through his words before talking.

"Why do you hide your face and keep your real name a secret? Are you... plotting something...?" The advisor asked, being careful with his words.

Dream was unsure about this. "Why do you wanna know...? I swear, if George is testing me again- I thought he was starting to trust me!" Dream said, a little aggravated. He thought George was actually beginning to trust him.

"N-no! I'm speaking on my own behalf... I was just... curious... are you... loyal to George...?" Dream was sure this was just another test.

"Yes, I am. Now go and tell George I'm loyal and leave me alone." Dream was a little fed up. The advisor started backing up.

"W-well I guess if you're loyal to George, then n-never mind! I'll just go now..." That caught Dreams' attention. He was acting weird, like he was hiding something. He had to make sure this wasn't a genuine threat.

"Hold on, you're not... loyal to George, are you? Do you act on your own behalf? Dream asked, purposely matching his tone.

"I-I mean... yes... do you...?" The advisor asked. Dream smiled, he had him right where he wanted him.

"Heh, perfect. Glad to know I'm not alone. Say, maybe we could work together..." Dream said, trying to get that final push for a confession. The advisor silently celebrated.

"Yes! Perfect, maybe this time I'll have more of a chance, the last guard wasn't the best at fighting. But I've seen you fight, you're good. Maybe we can actually dethrone the king once and for all this time." The advisor said, dropping his sweet tone.

Bingo, so he was a traitor. But George did not seem to want to trust him over his other staff. So if he wanted to prove this guy was a traitor, he would have to get him caught in the act. So he had to continue playing along.

"Heh, I'm down. I hate George as a king, but I have no desire to be one myself." Dream said, purposely leaving that position open for him to take, since he figured he was a power hungry kinda guy.

"Perfect. I want to dethrone him to become king myself, so that works out." The advisor said. Dream continued.

"Well, I'm totally down with helping, but what do I get out of this?" Dream said, perfectly acting the part.

"I promise you a whole bunch of the riches reserved for them. Their family has been in power for centuries, they are rich." The advisor said, not even suspecting Dream's trap.

"Deal, what's the plan?" Dream asked, giving a malicious smile. That was something he kept from his parents. Their smile, that he whipped out whenever he needed to seem evil, which actually was surprisingly often since he had arrived at the castle.

They talked for a while, the advisor giving the details of the plan. They decided to go about it that night.

"Heh, got it, I have to go now, see you tonight." Dream said, going to get the papers. Dream got the papers and headed back to the throne room. As soon as Dream got back, George spoke up.