Chapter 13

A week had passed since the battle. Dream and George had gone back to their normal routine. It was nice, not having to worry about a looming war. Dream was happy to just relax next to a busy George in the throne room.

Around midday, Dream was taken out of his daydreaming by a scroll delivery man.

"Good afternoon your majesty. I have received a scroll marked urgent and private, but the address it's directed to hasn't been taking it the past few days. I came to you figuring you might know where to find them." George nodded, allowing him to come forward.

The man came up to the throne. "It's addressed to someone named Clayton Collins."

George heard Dream exhale deeply. He slightly turned his head towards him and mouthed, "Is that you?" Dream hesitantly nodded in response.

George looked back at the delivery man. "Thank you, I'll take it and get someone to find him. You're dismissed." The man handed him the scroll and left.

George gave the scroll to Dream. Dream looked right above its seal. It was just as he feared...

To: Clayton Collins. From: Your parents.

Dream didn't want to open it. It was from them... The people he hasn't spoken to since he basically ran away for guard training.

Dream looked at George. "Can I go read this outside? I want a little privacy."

George gave him a strange look, but didn't question it. "Sure, just don't take too long."

Dream went to the side room off the throne room, one that didn't have access to the rest of the castle except from the throne room, because he didn't want any guards near him when he read this. He sat at the wall next to the door. He took a deep breath, and slowly opened it.

Dearest Clay,

We know you're busy starting a gang of your own like you said you were, but we ask for your help in this time of need. If you're too busy, we understand of course, but me and your father disbanded with our gang at a close call. They are now all imprisoned at a town on the outskirts of Evenere, and you're all we can go to for this. We want to get rid of the royal family once and for all, finish the job if you will. Once you reply, we will go to the castle and assassinate King George. If you don't reply within a month, we will just go ahead without you. But we would love to see how far you have come after all your training you kept talking about. We would love to see you,

Mom & Dad

Dream froze. The scroll fell out of his hands.

This was not happening, right?

His head started spinning. The memory of hearing about the news the first time around replayed over and over and over, and he didn't even know George's parents personally. George was his entire world. And he knew his own parents, they wouldn't stop until they couldn't do anything.

His parents were going to try and assassinate George. Again.

Dream had to tell George. But, of course, that would require telling him about them. He wouldn't be able to get around how he got this information, in a scroll of all things. But this was way too soon, George might just fire him on spot. Or worse...

But...

Maybe he could see that he was trying to protect him with this information? How could he go about this?

Dream ran through his options in his head, and decided the best way was to tell him the truth.

He made his way back inside.