Chapter 18

Finally, now with a clear mind, they had practically mastered the ceremony yesterday. George was happy with their practice and knowledge, but that didn't stop him from worrying during these next few painful hours until Niki arrived.

And boy, were they long and worrisome. Dream and George arrived in the throne room, in their fancy attire already, about five hours beforehand, just like they usually do on a normal day.

George didn't want to fall anymore behind on all his usual king work then he already has, having to practice and prepare constantly the past few days. So he was trying to do some of it while they waited, but to no avail. He hated admitting it to himself, but Dream was right. He had a hard time focusing on anything when he was stressed.

After about an hour, he finally gave up, putting his quill down with a frustrated sigh. He looked up to observe the whirlwind around him.

The throne room was full of bustling people putting the final touches on the decorations. After a second of nervously fidgeting with his hands, obviously not going undetected by Dream, George stood up, needing to do something to stop his running mind. He started pacing in front of his throne, which reminded him of his dad when he was nervous.

Dream, not surprised by George's actions, went over to comfort him.

"You okay?" Dream asked, placing his hand softly on the king's shoulder, giving him a small smile.

George stopped, looking slightly up to look Dream in the eyes, or at least, where his eyes would be underneath his mask.

"I'm fine, just really nervous. I'm sure I'm somehow going to mess it up and-" Dream cut him off as he pulled him into a hug from around his shoulders, resting his head on his arms and he soothing rubbed George's back. George let out a content sigh, and returned the gesture by wrapping his own arms around the taller's torso, and hugged him back.

Dream laughed a little. "You know being stressed out about it is just going to make you actually do worse, right? Besides, you have had years more worth of practice, if anything I'll be the one to mess something up."

George chuckled a little too. "I know, but I can't help it~. It's kinda counter productive, isn't it?" George said, muffled a little by Dream's chest.

Dream loosened his grip a little, and leaned in to give him a quick kiss. He softly pulled away, while simultaneously moving his hands from the brunette's shoulders to his hands and holding them.

"Is there anything that I can do to help calm you down before Niki gets here?" Dream asked, caressing George's hands.

George just leaned back onto Dream. "I don't know... I kinda just want to stay right here." George said, slightly snuggling his face into Dream's warm presence. That gave Dream an idea. He gently scooped George up, getting a small yelp from the king. He walked over to the throne, and sat down on the throne with George on his lap.

George's face flushed a deep pink. There were so many people in the room they were in, and Dream was shamelessly cuddling him on the throne. He was a little stiff for a minute or so out of embarrassment, but after some soft touches from his lover, he softened into him. If someone had a problem with it, they could respectfully shut up.

Dream took off George's crown, placing it in the slightly confused king's hands for safekeeping, and started playing with his hair. George melted like butter in his guards arms, snuggling up into a little blob on his lap.

As time passed, George felt all his anxiety and stress wash away as his head continued to get massaged by Dream. By the time they should start thinking about the visit, George's eyes were heavy. He just wanted to fall asleep right there.