Chapter 8

The next morning, they sent out the call to arms.

George was still hesitant about it, but Dream made a lot of good points. In fact, George was really starting to truly trust Dream.

He just really seemed to care for his well being, and the kingdom's well being in general. He was always so caring, and kind to everyone, even strangers. He always tried to see the positive in everything, unlike George, who always jumped to the worst conclusion right away. He found himself staring at Dream.

If everything went well, and they defeated Pikoro, he would be able to get to know Dream even better. While he still didn't think it would happen, Dream being so sure of this gave him hope.

He tried focusing on his work, but he really couldn't. They stayed up way too late talking.

And after an hour or two, he started nodding off.

Dream noticed and laughed a little. "Heh, we stayed up way too late last night didn't we?

George's head snapped back up. He looked towards Dream tiredly. "Ya, but to be honest, I only slept around two hours less than normal. I can never fall asleep at a healthy time." George said, rubbing his eyes.

Dream looked at him with newfound concern. This was the first he'd heard of this. "George, that's not healthy, especially for someone in your position. We should start turning in earlier, maybe it'll help." Dream said concerningly.

This is what George was talking about. Dream was always looking out for his physical and mental health, even if he thought he was being overbearing. Although, he really didn't know how much help he could be with this.

"I don't think that'll help much. I can't remember a time when I've had a full night's sleep since... well... since my parents died." George muttered, making Dream cringe.

Of course he brought that up, again. Dream hated how he was constantly reminded of his parents while he's here. He guessed he just needed to learn how to deal with it.

Dream continued after a second. "It wouldn't hurt to try, you need your sleep."

George was about to respond, but the throne room door opened, revealing a messenger.

"Good afternoon your majesty, the cities have been informed. There's a message at every doorstep in the kingdom. Everyone will arrive tomorrow, just as you asked."

George took a deep breath. "Thank you, you're dismissed."

Dream and George sat in silence for a second. Eventually, Dream spoke up.

"Well George, we should probably get the training area ready for an army." Dream said.

George didn't want to get up. He was far too tired. "Ya. Ya we should. Just... give me a second." George said with a little bit of a yawn.

Dream grinned, as he saw the perfect opportunity.

"Aaaaaand yonk!" Dream said, as he picked up George, again.

"I-Dream!" George yelled with a laugh. "I can walk by myself, let me down~!"

Dream was laughing as well. "Nope, you need to relax, come on." Dream said smiling. But right when he got out of the door, he realized something.

"Wait... where am I going?" George burst out laughing. Only Dream could try and carry him somewhere without actually knowing where he's going.

"Just go to the right most end of the castle, the military wing specifically, and there is a huge red door, you can't miss it." George said with a laugh.