Chapter 29

It had been a week now, but George still hadn't been sleeping well. He tossed and turned, before finally deciding to give up. But he didn't leave yet, he just stayed there, trying to wish this away.

About an hour later, he finally left his room. Sapnap was there to greet him. "Good morning George, sleep any better?"

George gave him a 'does it look like it?' face. Sapnap sighed, and led him to Dream's room without another word.

The first half of the day went by pretty normally. But just after noon, a guard came in with Sapnap.

"Your Majesty, someone is in the throne room, requesting your presence." George looked up at him, unfaced. He's been turning down all of his kingly duties for the past week besides the problems he gets sent through the papers.

"You know I don't really have the strength to do anything right now-"

Sapnap interrupted. "Trust me George, I wouldn't let him come get you if it wasn't important. You need to see this."

George grumbled, but put his papers down and stood up. He walked to the throne room with Sapnap, and saw a man in his late teens, or early adulthood by the way he looked. His attire looked rather formal, and he had a gold band atop his head. But what was strange about him, was he was wearing a pair of sunglasses.

When he saw him, he smiled. "Hello your majesty, my name is Eret... King Eret, Of Pikoro."

George nearly tripped as he said that. What in the world was the heir of Pikoro doing here?! "Oh- hello... King Eret... State your business with my kingdom." George tried saying as politely as he could.

They sighed. "I came to apologize for the actions of my father. And, thank you for ending his reign of terror. He was terrible, and I hated him with every fiber of my being. I came here to ask for a peace treaty, to help try and heal our kingdom's relationship."

George looked at her in disbelief. Was he being genuine? The look on their face looked real, but if he's learned anything from Dream, it was not to trust anything. Gosh, he wished he had Dream here to question him.

"I would love to have peace between us, but I don't understand, why do you want peace?" George said, getting on his throne.

Eret thought her words through before they answered. "Well, I'm not supposed to tell anyone this, but I guess since he's dead, it doesn't really matter, does it?"

George just looked at him confused. He gave him what he hoped was an encouraging smile, showing they could trust him. So she continued. "Well, my dad, or King James as you know him, well... he..."

He paused to wipe his eyes. "He killed my mom. Right in front of me. Just because she threatened to reveal what his true motives were. He told me if I told anyone that he would do the same to me."

George felt terrible. Even more so knowing he judged them just because she was from Pikoro. "I-I'm so sorry to hear that. Of course, if you want to write up a peace treaty, I am always on the side of peace."

He gave him a genuine smile, and took out a paper. As they brought it to him, he realized it was a peace treaty that she had already written up. He read it over, and it basically said they wouldn't fight him, if he did the same. He agreed to that, so he took a quill and signed it.

Eret smiled again. "Thank you so much King George, I hope our relationship in the future improves." He gave a little bow, and left.

Well, that just happened. George really didn't know what to make of it. But at least he didn't have to worry about Pikoro ever again. He couldn't wait to tell Dream.