Chapter 12

They were woken up to a sudden, but calm, knock on the door. Dream reached over for his mask as he saw George get out of the other bed, and sleepily went up to the door.

"Who is it?" George asked, his concern overriding his tiredness. A voice he recognized responded.

"I'm Mark, Sapnap sent me to come get you, we've won the battle and people are awaiting you two in the main room."

George looked at Dream, who was sitting up on his bed now, for confirmation. Dream looked unsure. He put his mask on, and got up, with his sword drawn.

"Okay, we trust you, but I'm coming out first with my sword drawn. If someone is planning something, this is a warning to leave Mark alone."

Dream gave George a nod, and he opened the door. They found Mark alone, to their relief. Dream put away his sword.

They followed him to the two doors, the one going backstage, the other into the crowd. The guard headed into the crowd, while Dream and George went backstage, and found Sapnap waiting for them.

Sapnap smiled as he spotted them. "You two are okay! Well, I figured you were, but you can never be too sure." Sapnap said.

George smiled. He was glad to see Sapnap mostly untouched. "What happened?"

Sapnap cleared his throat. "Well Daniel came and told me about the head guard's death. One of the generals from the other side overheard somehow, and warned people on his side. It was pretty easy to chase them all off with them discouraged. It was a smart idea, to kill him instead of just imprisoning him. They might have run towards the castle, instead of away."

Dream sighed in relief. It was the right call after all.

They all went onto the stage, accompanied by the crowd's applause. George took the front stage.

"Congratulations everyone, we won!"

The crowd went wild. There was whistling and cheering, and smiles on all their faces. Sapnap and Dream were clapping alongside them.

George waited for the commotion to die down. "Thank you all, so much. Without you all here, fighting for our kingdom, we wouldn't be here right now. You all have changed history." George sniffled a little. "Thank you... all." As the applause grew, George stepped back, and Sapnap took the stage.

"He's right, you all worked so hard over the past month. And I'm sure most of you are excited to get back to your families and your day to day job. But I will give this opportunity regardless. Any of you, who want to become a full time guard, you just go to General Paul. If you have any questions, you can also ask him. Thank you for all your hard work. You're dismissed."

Most of the crowd headed outside of the castle, ready to go back to their families. But a few stayed behind, heading off to the general.

George watched impatiently. He didn't really want to go back to his throne room and work, he wanted to take Dream back to his room. He wanted to just talk to him and...

He looked over at Dream, who was currently talking to Sapnap about something.

He blushed. Who was he kidding, he wanted to see his face more. But he felt embarrassed to ask. So he thought up an excuse.

"Hey Dream, I'm kinda tired... can we go back to my room and just chill for the rest of the day?"

Dream raised an eyebrow under his mask. He felt like that wasn't the real reason he wanted him alone, but he didn't comment on it. "Ya sure, let's go."

A few minutes later, they were sitting in comfortable silence around George's lit fireplace in his room. Dream broke the silence.

"So." He started, looking at George. George looked back.