All in

4 in the morning, every morning. We were breaking colts today.
   "Rip, I thought about it." I say saddleing the horse. "I am all in."
    "Are you sure?" He asked.
    "Never been more sure about something."
    "Meet me and Lloyd at the barn tonight."
     I had 2 colts to break. Getting on the first one it had a lot of buck in it. It bucked me off a good 3 times.
____________________________________________

  After the day I walked out to the barn. I see rip and Lloyd with horses ready.
   "Last chance to change your mind." Rip says.
   "I need this, more then I have ever needed anything. I need a home." I say.
    "And you will always have one kid." Lloyd say. Mounting the horses we set off to the woods. We stopped in a place and Lloyd started a fire. I kneeled down and bit onto a stick. Rip got the red brand out of the fire and I pulled my shirt down and he pressed it down onto my skin.

____________________________________________
Flashback

   "I love you hunny you know that." Rory said.
   "Rory you fucken hit me."
   "It was an accident sweetheart. I was drunk."
    "It's happened more times then one." I say back. Not wanting to talk to him.
    "No, It won't happen again." I nodded
    "I am going to ride."
    "Fuck no your not, I just apologized ,your going to be good and lay with me." Rory said grabbing me.
    "Fuck you." I say wiggling away. "I am going to ride."
      "Hell I'll kill the God damn horses." He said slamming the door do I couldn't get out.
     "Touch my horses and you die."
    "Hunny you couldn't kill me."

____________________________________________
Current time.

  "Welcome home." Rip says.
   "I will get you some burn cream when we get back." Lloyd says.
   "This will always be your place, we will always have your back. No matter what." Rip says
    "The cowboy mafia." I say smiling.
    "Pretty much." Lloyd says back. "Congrats kid."
    "Will he come looking for you?" Rip asked after Lloyd walked away.
    "He doesn't know I am here, but yes he probably already is."
      "Do you still love him?" He asked
     "No,I can't love a man who did that to me, but at the same time I don't think I will ever love again." I say
      "When he comes looking, you let me know."
     "I will." I say getting on my horse.

____________________________________________

My brand hurt like hell the next morning. I used some of Lloyd's shit and it helped. Rip asking me if I still loved him. It scared me. In that moment I felt something for rip. Something I haven't felt since I first meet rory. But it was different, almost like  I saw something in him. Rip Is attractive I mean a stern cowboy that jacked and authoritative, he is stubborn but yet has a heart. The beard, the hat the jacket. Jeans and boots, the eyes. He was a good looking man. And it's odd that he doesn't have a girlfriend. I guess he is always out here working it would make sense. Rip is gentle as he can be. But I also think it's because he understands my story.  My boss. The reason I have a job, a home.
   Walking outside with the guys to start another day.
    "How it feel?" Rip asks
     "Hurts like shit. But feels like a safe place." I say back.
     "I said something similar when I got mine." He said.
    "I trust you will live up to it?"He asked.
     "Its not something you earn its something you live up to." I quote Lloyd. He nodded.
     "Well sense I can't say thank you. I will say I owe you one." I say.
     "As long as you have my back, work and listen that's all you owe." He says. He rode off and we all followed getting to work for the day.