storm

All of us in rain coats were running around trying to move stuff and tie it down. We were going tk get one of the worst storms to roll through Montana for years. We were getting poured on and the Storm hasn't even started. All of us were drenched.
   "Jesus christ." I say to my self running to Lloyd to help him tie down something. After everything was done and put away. We all piled into the bunkhouse,  rip stay down with us. I was pouring myself a whiskey and the rest of the boys.
   "You mind if I reach over you here." Rip asks pointing to the cabinet above me. Everyone else was in the bathroom getting ready to play cards.
   "Go ahead." I answered rip reached both arms up and over my head to open the cabinet. He was pressed again my back, I could feel his belt buckle press against me. He was still looking for something. Just pressed up against me. I was so small compared to his frame. His arms were inches away from the sides of my head. It made me have butterflys and I was blushing. Rip final grabbed the cup he needed. 
   "You playing poker with us?" I asked still turned away from him being of my blushing.
    "No I don't play, will probably just sit around, and watch ya'll." He answered pouring himself whiskey.
    "I don't really play either." I said we could hear the lighting and thunder for outside.
     "Its a bad one." I say referring to the storm."
     "Hell probably in the top 5 I have seen." Rip replied. We just got a new hand and her name was teeter. No one in the bunkhouse could understand her because of her Texas accent. She walks out and asks me.
    "Hey you wanna make brownies."
    "I am sorry what?" I ask her.
    "I think she said she wants to make umm i don't know that's all I got." Rip said
    She walks over to the cabinet and grabs the brownie mix. "Brownies." She repeats.
   "Oh shit yeah sure." I say back it is nice having another girl In the bunkhouse.
    "Rip you wanna help?" I ask him.
     "Fuck why not." He says back at this point the boys have started playing.
     "What yall making?" Jake asked.
     "Nothing for you Jake." Teeter says. All of a sudden we here a really load snap and crash.
     "Oh shit that had to be a tree." Lloyd said. Rip grabbed his rain coat and went out to check. He came back a few minutes later.
    "Well were going to have to cut that up." He says.
     "Did it fall on anything?" Ryan asked.
    "Nope were lucky." Rip says back. Me and teeter get back to making our brownies. After mixing them and putting them in. Teeter says.
   "Were gonna go wash our hands."
    "I don't gotta wash my hands." I say
    "Just come on." She says. I follow her to the bathroom.
     "Whats happening." I ask.
     "Well I just wanted to tell you the boss man out there wasn't looking for no cup."
    "Huh yes he was."
    "Well he was, but he coulda asked you to move, but he didn't."
     "Teeter your looking into in to much."
     "With the way he's been eyeing you up all night no ma'ma I ain't."
      "What the hell do you mean eyeing me up?"
     "The way he's looking at you." Teeter says smiling. Walker started playing his guitar and singing I could hear it. I shake my head and we both walk out of the bathroom. I sat down in a chair and all the sudden my chest got heavy. My breathing started to get worst. I look over a rip.
   "I Uh am going to have a cigarette." I say grabbing my rain coat.
    "You need some company?" Rip asks getting the message.
     "Sure." He follows me out the door and we go to the barn. Getting wet from the rain. We walk inside. I lean against the wall and slide down it.
     "Shit,rip, rip, shit ahh." I say panicked.
     "Hey hey come on breath,breath." He says sitting next to me. I was having a panic attack. I don't know why. "Calm down, hey your safe, no one is here to hurt you, it's just you and me." Rip says.

____________________________________________
Flashback.

"Please rory." I begging through my sobs. He had locked me in the bathroom.
   "Your not coming out intill you can fucken listen." He says throwing shit from outside the door.
   "Let me out, rory please I just...i am sorry" my nose was bleeding and I was crying. I sat in the bathroom for 17 hours before he let me out to beat me somemore.
____________________________________________
Current time.

  "Hey Emma stop, stay with me." I cuddled up in his arms. I was shivering.
   "He's not here, he is not gonna hurt you anymore." Rip says with a calm voice. "There you go your doing great." He says as my breathing gets better.
   "Fuck." I say "thank you."
    "How you feeling?"
     "A lot better, it hit so suddenly like I felt fine before it happened." I say.
    "Well darlin, that's what this is."
    "Thank you so much for getting my signal." I say.
     "What did I tell you about thanking me darlin."
    "I know, I know I just, I would have sat here for hours If you didn't just pull me out of that. "
    "You wanna talk about it?"
     "Um if you would care to listen?" I asked.
    "Go right ahead darlin."
    "Well rory was upset because I wasn't doing what he wanted he hit me and then Locked me in our bathroom. He started smashing stuff in the house. I heard the door slam and he was gone. I sat in that bathroom for 17 hours before he came back and beat me again." I say.
    "Come here." Rip says pulling me into him tighter. "You didn't deserve any of that."
    "I am sure you didn't either." I say.
     "I don't think my dad cared what I deserved."
     "Rory didn't care either." We sat there for a good minute or two. Sitting in the horse barn, It was pouring rain outside and I was in rips arms.
    "Hey, you know what would make you feel better." Rip said.
     "What?"
     "Brownies." He says smiling. He stood up and helped me up.
      "Hell yeah." I say following him back to the bunkhouse.
      "Smells really fucken good in here." Rip say.
      "Yep brownies are down want some?" Teeter asked. We both grabbed a plate and sat down everyone had one.
    "Fucken Delicious." Jake says. Teeter gives me a high five. We all laughed. I look at rip across the room and we give each other warm smiles. He just saved me.