4th of july festival

The boy were making a big deal after work about some 4th of July festival.
   "We should go." Jimmy says.
    "Well I am not going to be the one to knock on rips door and ask him" walker said laughing.
    "We will have to ask?" I say. "God damn he's like your guys father." I laughed.
    "Thats pretty much what he is." Ryan said.
    "How about instead of asking him if we can go, we ask him if he wants to come, so that way he knows we're going." I say, every one agreed and we all got ready and got in the trucks. We stopped infront of the foremans house and apparently I was voted to go ask. The walk of shame up to rips door I turned around and flipped the boys off. I knocked. We opened the door with his belt undone and his shirt open, he didn't have his hat on.
   "Hey rip we wouldn't to know if you were going to go with the festival with us?" I ask.
    "What festival?"
     "The 4th of July one."
      He took a big breath. " I fucken hate festivals."
      "Well I figured you know to like watch us or something."
      "Fuck I will be out in a second." He says slamming the door. The slam reminded me of rory but the difference was I wasn't afraid of the man on the other side of this door, atleast not scared in the same way. I walked back to the trucks.
   "He's coming." I say getting into the passenger seat. Lloyd nodded getting out to get into the back. He knows rip drives everywhere. We all see rip walk out shaking his head. He is wearing what he always wears I swear he has like 5 things in his closet. Why is it always me Lloyd and rip in a truck, I should really stop getting In the truck first. Lloyd and rip where talking and I heard Lloyd say something about rip not having a driver's license.
   "Wait what?"
    "Oh shit." Lloyd said. Rip got more pissed then he already was. Rip wasn't very happy about the whole thing.
    "Why are you driving?" I ask.
    "Because I don't give a fuck." Rip says.
     "Wow alright, your fucken grumpy." I say.
     "Emma I give it to you, you have a hell of a lot more ball then I do." Lloyd says.
     "Why don't you have one?" I ask. "Are you a criminal?"
     "I told you I was, and I don't have a fucken birth certificate, so I don't know my fucken birthday so I don't know who the fuck would I get a driver's license." Rip said.
    "Fuck alright I get it. You didn't have to come."
    "Yes, yes I do have to come, before knowing my wranglers one of them, you know probably you will get in a fight or in trouble or lost."
     "Rip, could you actually have fun for once in you life." I say. At this point Lloyd is just staying out of this fight. Rip looked over at me.
     "You know I could say the fucken same about you." He says. I give him a look because Lloyd's in the car.
     "Whatever rip." I say looking out the car window.

____________________________________________
Flashback.

One year before I left.  "Rory I am done with you." I yell.
   "Hunny no your not." Rory said back.
   "No, no you don't understand I AM DONE WITH YOU."
    "NO YOU NOT."
    "I AM LEAVEING"
     "IF YOU TRY TO LEAVE I WILL FUCKEN TRACK YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU." I start to cry. We were in the car on the way to the hospital rory had just pushed me into a table and it slashed my head.
    "AND I SWEAR BITCH IF YOU TRY TO TELL SOMEONE, YOU WILL END UP IN A FUCKEN BODY BAG." He threatens.

____________________________________________
Current time.

  We were here and I haven't been to a festival for year. I was kinda excited.
   "I am going to win a huge bear." Jimmy says.
    " Jimmy you can't win." Walker said.
    "I am going to get food." I say walking off to a food truck. After getting a burger and beer I go to sit down at a picnic table.
   "Sorry." I hear from behind me. "For being a dick." I didn't even have to look back, I knew who it was.
    "Yeah I bet." I say. He walks around to the front of me and sits across from me beer in hand.
    "No really, you don't need yelled st like that."
    "I am used to it." I say back. Finishing my food.
    He sighs. "Damn it."
    "Rip I meant it, go have some fun or something."
     There were people danceimg in a round pin kicking up dirt. The band was playing the song dance the night away by Shane Smith and the saints.
    "And I said you need to have fun to, how about this we go dance for me to say sorry and both of is have a little fun." He says standing.
    "I am not much of a dancer."
     "All you gotta do if follow my lead." He says holding out his hand. I close my eyes and take his hand. We go out to dance.
   "Wow rip I honestly didn't expect you to be able to dance."
     "You don't expect a lot out of me apparently."
      "Because you come off as a dick." I say laughing.
      "Oh I am one, but with the right people I can be a little less of a dick." He says back.
      " around the right people huh?"
      "Yeah, your all right on certain days." He said sarcastically and laughed.
      "Wow, I could say the same." After the song finished we both walked off and I went to play one of the games.
    "No one wins these things you know." He said.
     "Watch me." I say after playing a actually won.
      "That was luck." He says.
     "You know, no one has gotten im trouble yet." I say.
     "Because I have been with you the whole night."
     "Whatever I ain't even that much trouble."
     "Oh sure." I hit him lightly on his arm and he chuckled.
     "I am gonna go make sure everyone else is good, you gonna be fine?"
     "Yeah I see Lloyd I will go sit with him."
     "Alright." He walks away and I go over to Lloyd. I show him my little bear I won and he laughed.
     "I am surprised your still living, no one holds rip to his own like that."
     "Yeah well." I say sitting next to him.
     "But I also ain't every seen him so happy with you, danceing and shit." Lloyd   says nudging my shoulder.
     "Really?"
     "Yeah rip isn't the danceing with just anyone type, that means he really likes you."
     "Shut up Lloyd."
     "Hell if you where anyone else in the world he wouldn't fired you at least 4 times now."
      "Whatever."
     "You think he's good looking."
     "Lloyd." I say looking over at him.
     "Alright alright." He says throwing his hands up. Sitting watching the band play was nice. I for once actually felt happy.