killers

"Did you forgive me?" Rip asked. It was the next day and we were getting ready to work.
   "I forgave you before the dance but it was a nice touch." I answered.
    "Wow." He answered. "Well you had fun?."
    "Yes yes I did." I say. Mounting my horse. Rip rides out infront of all of us.
    "We are moving the cattle to here the vets to check today, make sure all the calfs are with em" He says and we ride out.
  "There in the bushes?" Jimmy asked. We couldn't see them but the dogs could and we could hear them.
   "Yes Jimmy shut the fuck up." Rip says.
   "How we gonna do this?" I ask.
     "We run In and hope no one gets trampled." Lloyd says. We all sprint In on our horses. There was bushes moving everywhere, they were running everywhere. The dogs were barking.
   "Holy shit I thought I was gonna die." Colby said.
    "That all of them?" Walker asks.
    "Yep, yep." Rip says letting the dogs run to check. The run back out and rip says. " Yep that all of them." We round them up, and get them to the round pin.
   "Jimmy get in the fucken shoot." Rip yelled.
    "Emma, Lloyd,walker push them our way, Jake your on gate. Colby, Ryan open and close the chute to the truck." Rip yells
    "Why I am in the chute?" Jimmy asked
    " get the fuck in there." Rip says.
    "Rip come here." Mr. John Dutton yelled that's the first time I have seen him. Rip goes over and they talk.
    "Emma, come here." Rip yells to me. I go over and my horse stands right next to rip.
    "Mr Dutton sir." I say giving him a hello. He lifted his hat and nodded.
    "Ma'ma." He says back. Then walked away.
     "I need you to get together walker,Jimmy and Lloyd tonight meet me at the barn." He tells me.
    "Alright." I say nodding.

____________________________________________

   I got the boys together and we walked to the barn.
    "Walker, Jimmy, Lloyd take that truck and follow us." He says. Me and rip get in our truck.
     "I am guessing this has to do with the brand." I say
      "Mr. Dutton needs something taken care of, we are the ones to do it." He says back. We pull up to a house and all get out. We all had pistols but Lloyd had a shotgun.
     "We go in, we get the man that has the neck tattoo and we kill anyone in our way." Rip says. "He will be alive understood." We go in and start shooting people. Lloyd hits the neck tattoo In the back of the head and they drag him out side putting him in our truck.
   "Lloyd take the body's to the train station, and then go back to the ranch." Me and rip get in our truck.  We leave the rest and I see them loading body's into there truck.
    "Where are we going?" I ask.
     "To get answers." He says back. We drive out to the middle of no where.
      Rip drags the guy out the back and I splash him with water. And he wakes up.i stand In the back pistol in hand and watch rip beat the shit out of the guy, asking him questions has he goes. Watching rip beat him.. it didn't even change my perspective on him.

____________________________________________
Flashback.
  The first time I ever meet rory was at a rodeo I was watching my friend race. He bummed Into me.
   "Holy shit I am so sorry." He said.
   "No, your fine its nothing." I say back.
   "Wow you are hot." He says.
    "Thank you. "
    "Could I get you number?" Giving that man my number had to be the biggest regret of my life. We were 19 young and dumb.

____________________________________________
Current time

    Rip walks back over to me. "He gave me what we needed."
    "We are getting rid of him?" I ask he holds his hand out asking for the gun. I shake my head.
    "Emma, don't do this, don't make yourself a monster." I look at him. He gave me a sad face. I walk over to the man and point the gun. I take a deep break and pull the trigger. The shot rang out and rip walked up behind me. I turned to him and he pulled me into a hug.
    "Darlin, this is a path you can't come back from."
     "Rip, the second I met that basterd I already made my path." I couldn't stop staring at his eyes a beautiful blue eyes. There was something behind them a bit of sorry.
   "Let's get him in the truck." He says. He drags him in and through him up. He drove for a while and got to a cliff. Rip got the body out and walked him to the edge.
   "The only thing that scares me about this, is I don't feel bad." I say.
    "Darlin, I haven't felt bad ever. It means I don't got anything left in here." He says pointing to his heart.
    "You just need to find the right person to bring it back out rip." I say. He pushed the man down the cliff.
    "This is the train station?" I ask.
    "Yep all of our secrets go here." He says. We both just stare out to the distance, trees mountain and fields for miles. Looking out at the stars, no remorse for what just happened. Just me and rip.