a fresh start..

•• 4 months later ••

R'MONEI ALEXIS HILL
20, HTX
Monday, September 7th
9:50 am

* FILLERRRR *

the sound of the gate being opened up touched my heart .

i was just being released from jail .. i did 4 long months .

i was originally faced with 2 years .

my daddy did everything he could to get me out before he did but i was charged with 3rd degree assault .

let's just say i beat the fuck out that moncia ho .

" COUSINNN " rae'lin yelled running up to me hugging me .

i was so happy to see her , while i was in here her and toya were the only ones to visit .

my daddy said he didn't wanna show his face up here and i respected that.

we talked through the phone when we could .

" im soo glad to see you r'monei " rae said finally letting me go

" im glad to see you too pookie " i said getting in the car kind of ready to be home .

the drive home from here was about an hour an a half .

" you hungry ?" rae asked i shook my head because truthfully i wasn't just ready to be home

" so what's the plan for when you get back ?" rae asked

" um , honestly ima just focus on my career and myself ." i said

them 4 lil walls in that cell had me thinking to myself a lot

rae'lin kept me updated with everything that happened while i was in there .

her and zy were doing great , ralph had been working on himself but he did have this one girl he dealt with from time to time .

moncia had moved , ralph was now talking care of mrs.yaari aka mar's momma .

ky'mier had a girlfriend , rae said that she was cool i didn't say much about it .

" that's valid ." rae said nodding .

" yeaa , spending them 4 months in there made me realize that focusing on me is probably what's best " i said

i spent my birthday in jail and honestly i hated it .

" let's stop talking about that sap shit and let's talking about something moreeee .. exciting " rae said .

she talked almost the whole hour the way home .

-

entering my penthouse i felt different , i hadn't been there in four months .

" home sweet home huh ." i said talking to myself putting the bag i had down .

i made my way to my room putting my phone on charger and laying in my bed .

i just laid looking at the ceiling .

realizing that i had to get my life together because i was getting older i just cried .

i kind of couldn't help it , everything that happened to me happened so fast and i lost a lot that night .

i knew i couldn't sit around crying so i got up so i could shower .

i walked in my bathroom turning the lights on .. i looked at my shower and smiled i missed this ho .

i started some warm water up and got a towel and rag out the closet .

the water warmed up fast so i got in .

i'd prolly spend a hour in this hoe .

" hey alexa , play preach .. by party next door " i said

the song came on and i began jamming .

i spend 45 mins in the shower , right now i was digging through my clothes to find sum to wear .

i pulled out an old crop top and some black joggers .

i grabbed my phone and heading to my living room , i was gone lay in there for a while .

it was about 11:54 .. i just wanted to rebuild my life .

i unlocked my phone and messages and notifications came clouding in .

i scrolled through some of em and i got to ky'mier's messages .

i seen it was about 20 missing messages so i clicked on it .

only seeing the last 3 .

kado : hey monei .. i met a girl today she's cool but she ain't you she was cute and she asked for my number i gave it too her just because .

kado : it's been 3 weeks , i've went on abt 3 dates with the girl and safe to say she's alright .. we kissed our second date and we've been hanging out a lot . she still not you but i can't way forever monei .

kado : hey monei .. me and ty have gotten pretty serious she probably would tell you she my girlfriend but ionk i wouldn't call her my girlfriend , i fw her tho . this prolly the last message you'll get from me in a whole .

i read through the last 3 messages trying to figure out if i wanted to scroll up .

i got out the thread and went to instagram , when rae told me ky had girlfriend it kind of broke my heart, he was on my mind a lot in jail no matter how hard i tried to get him out .

i figured i make a post to get my clientele back because doing hair brought me peace and money .

both were probably 2 of the most important necessities in life . 

i felt my eyes getting heavy , i figured since i was meeting with my da nem  around 2 i'd take a nap .

i drifted off .