Chapter 30

What?

"What!?" Taehyung exclaimed with his eyebrows furrowed, finding Eunbi's suggestion an absolute no no.

"Yes, it would help the situation you know? The world can come to believe that you both were actually the ones going to marry and are also very happy with it" Jungkook stared at her with disbelief in his eyes as she continued "also I was misfortunate for not being able to attend the wedding, so atleast I can attend the party?" She smiled at all of them while they could just just blink at her, speechless.

A party for the success of their marriage when they have already signed the divorce papers and it's not even 24 hours since then.

And moreover, what do they have to show the world? That they are very happy when they clearly know that they won't even be able to smile at the cameras while holding hands, for the bare minimum.

He had been suspicious of her from the moment he met her, but this? This is where he draws the line.

"Just because you couldn't witness our pain doesn't mean that we have to dig deep into it for you" Jungkook asserted sharply before getting up and leaving the table.

Taehyung's worried eyes followed Jungkook as he stood up too.

"I won't say I appreciate your idea noona because that is clearly like scraping on fresh wounds" he said with disappointment evident in his tone as he turned around to follow Jungkook but–

"Wait!" Eunbi called out, making him halt "I'm sorry, I crossed my limits. I'm really sorry for that. I want to talk to Jungkook and apologize too" she said somewhat sadly, regretting her actions.

Taehyung sighed as he thought for a second before nodding his head. "Thanks" she mumbled meekly and started making her way to the kitchen, where Jungkook went.

Meanwhile,
Jungkook placed the plates in the sink before closing his eyes and letting out a heavy sigh, unconsciously gripping the kitchen slab tightly under his palm.

Knowingly or unknowingly what she was trying to do by suggesting the idea of the party was bringing up the moment of his life that he hates the most.

That moment where he was betrayed, where his trust in his father vanished, where his love for his family decreased, where he was bounded to somebody he never wished to.

She was trying to bring up that dreadful moment of his life where he only lost–

"I am sorry" his eyes opened when he heard Eunbi speaking "very sorry. I was not thinking and said just anything. I am really sorry for it. I didn't mean to hurt you by that, I thought it would clear the tension but ofcourse if that makes you uncomfortable we can't do that. And about me not attending the wedding thing, i just said it playfully. It was not my intention to hurt or anger you" Jungkook sighed hearing her justify herself as he turned around to face her.

"At this stage we are worried about ourselves not about the world, and I certainly very much do not." Eunbi nodded to Jungkook's words as he continued "It's all okay if you actually didn't mean to hurt and it'll always be all okay if you think atleast once before giving these kinds of suggestions. And if I anywhere here disrespected you, then I'm sorry"

Eunbi's eyes widened "oh my god, no! You didn't. And once again I am sorry" she apologized and looked up at Jungkook expectantly.

The younger smiled at her and nodded "I hope we can get along then" Eunbi nodded "sure we will" she smiled back and Jungkook  gave a final nod before he walked past her, leaving the kitchen.

Eunbi watched Jungkook leave as she stood there alone.

"We will" she chuckled.

<3<3<3<3<3