Chapter 7 ~ Memory

Erik's POV
I knew that there was no way that someone as pure and beautiful as her could ever love me, but when she talked to me like I actually mattered, I couldn't help but show her how much I loved her. Wait...I loved her?! I had sworn that I would only love Christine, but when my lips met Ryleigh's, I felt sparks spread throughout my entire body. I loved her, I absolutely loved her. We eventually pulled away, both of us gasping for air. I smiled slightly at her.

"I know that I sound crazy, but I l-love you" she said, gazing at me with love-filled eyes.

"H-how could you ever love a monster such as I?" I asked, shocked.

"You are not a monster, you've just been manipulated into thinking that you are" Ryleigh said, reaching out and squeezing my hand reassuringly.

"I love you" I whispered, even shocking myself a little. I loved her more than I had ever loved Christine, and I knew it.

Ryleigh's POV
When Erik said that he loved me, something in my mind clicked. It was like a light switch had been turned on. Memories came flooding back, and I remembered everything. My mom yelling at me, Katelyn and I going back in time, the two of us finding the secret passage, me falling through the trapdoor. My mouth gaped open slightly as I realized that The Phantom of the Opera had just declared his love for me.

The man in question must have noticed some sort of light in my eyes, because he asked, "Is everything okay?"

"I-I remember. Everything" I said, gasping slightly. "I love you so much" I said, crashing my lips onto his once again. We attacked each other's mouths with our tongues for a few minutes until we were both about to pass out.

"What do you remember?" He asked, staring at me a little confused.

"Could we sit down? It's kind of a long story" I asked.

"Of course" He said, leading me into a room with a two couches and smiling.

"Okay, I promise that I'm not crazy, so please just hear me out. My name is Ryleigh Thomas, and my friend, Katelyn Freeman, and I came back in time from the 21st century. 2015, to be exact. My mom had been yelling at me one night, so Ryleigh came to my house and we watched the movie, "The Phantom of the Opera," and fell asleep afterwards. When we woke up, we were in the ballet dormitories at this opera house, the same one from the story. We were exploring after rehearsals when we came across the secret passage that leads here. And the rest, as they say, is history" I said, hoping that he wouldn't think I was crazy.

"H-how can you prove that you're from the future?" He asked, a little suspicious.

"You were the one that dropped the backdrop on Carlotta the other day. You are also planning to make Christine perform the role of Countess in Il Muto, no matter what the cost. You are her Angel of Music" I said, hoping he would realize that I wasn't lying. He sat there, gaping at me.

"I-I believe you" He said, and we once again leaned in to meet each other's lips.