Chapter 9 ~ The Threat

Erik's POV
"Oh...a-alright. Thank you for teaching me so much, I cannot thank you enough" Christine replied, a slight sad tone in her voice.

"It was an honor to teach you" I told her, gently patting her on the shoulder. Suddenly I heard faint footsteps coming from another room. Oh God, no.

"Erik, did you find out who w-" Ryleigh said, but was unable to finish as she saw Christine. "C-Christine?"
She asked.

"R-Ryleigh. What are you d-doing here? We've been worried sick about you!" She replied. The two of them briefly hugged.

"It's a long story, but I fell through a trapdoor and Erik came and rescued me. I've just been staying here ever since" Ryleigh explained to Christine.

"Oh, okay" Christine said, looking nervous. I suddenly reached out and grabbed Ryleigh's hand gently, trying to be subtle in telling Christine that Ryleigh and I were together.

"Oh, are you two..."

"Yes" Ryleigh and I replied in unison.

"I-I'm so happy for you" Christine said, although I could tell that she was forcing a smile. Wow, two people wanted to be with me? This was new.

Ryleigh's POV
I noticed that Christine seemed a little upset, but I tried not push it. I did notice that Erik's grip on my hand tightened. "Well, Christine, would you like to come in and visit a while?" I asked kindly.

"Of course" she said, forcing another smile. I led her to the living room and we sat down on one of the couches.

"I'm going to prepare some tea" Erik announced, leaving the two of us alone.

"Do you love him?" Christine blurted out.

"Excuse me?" I asked her.

"Do you love him, or are you just staying here.

"Of course I love him..." I said timidly. "I love him more than anything."

"Well, so do I. You are playing a dangerous game, Ryleigh. I love him, and there's nothing that you can do about it" Christine replied, and I felt a wave of chills run up my spine.

Author's Note:
So, this is the most recent chapter that I've written and uploaded to Instagram! Again, I'm terribly sorry that the chapters are so short, I'll try my best to make them longer. Please comment any feedback, it is greatly appreciated! 💕

I remain, your most humble and obedient servant,
-TotalPhangirl 🌹💕