Chapter 29 ~ Bittersweet Farewell

Erik's POV
As soon as Madame Giry was done talking I bolted down the hall to her office and grabbed the potion from a shelf. Not even stopping to catch my breath, I ran back up the stairs as fast as I could before pocketing the vial of liquid and walking back into the room where my Angel was being held.

"Well, you decided to return. How unfortunate." Christine said, dramatically sighing in disappointment as she pointed the gun at Ryleigh's head.

"Christine, I promise, I will do whatever you say. Just please, let me have five minutes alone with Ryleigh." I pleaded desperately.

"Very well. But one second longer and she dies!" Christine said darkly as she stepped out of the room.

Ryleigh's POV
"Erik, what did she say?" I asked nervously, afraid that I already knew the answer.

"I-I have to s-send you b-back. Well, w-wake you up, actually." He said, and I could feel my heart shattering into a million pieces.

"So t-this is all a d-dream?"

"A-apparently. You just have to d-drink this." He said sadly, pulling out a small vial filled with a clear liquid.

"E-Erik, I l-love you. More than a-anything. I hope you k-know that." I said, giving him a weak smile as my lip quivered.

"I l-love you, too, Ryleigh. N-never forget that." He whispered sadly as he slowly opened the bottle.

"On three." I sighed, my chest heaving and butterflies swarming around in my stomach.

"One..." Erik sighed sadly, his eyes turning glassy.

"Two..." I whispered, tears welling up in my eyes.

"Three..." We said in unison, and he reluctantly poured the liquid down my throat. A few seconds later, I felt myself collapse as everything faded into blackness.

Hey guys! So, this is one of the last chapters! Don't worry, the fabulous totalphanguy is gonna help me write the sequel! 🎉🎊💕 hope you guys enjoy this chapter, even though it's kinda depressing!
-TotalPhangirl