Chapter 8 ~ The Angel's Return

Erik's POV
Over the next few weeks, Ryleigh and I grew even closer. I still wore my mask, but she insisted that if I was ever uncomfortable I could take it off. I guess I was just used to being forced to wear it all the time. One afternoon, Ryleigh was sitting in the living room reading and I was composing when I suddenly heard a splash in the lake. "Great, someone found the lair" I growled under my breath as I grabbed my lasso and headed to the lake. On the way there, I stopped by the living room. "I'll be right back, mon ange, I'm going to see who that was" I told her.

"Of course, Angel. I'll be right here" she replied, smiling at me.

I smiled back and continued to the lake. When I reached it, the person standing there on the shore shocked me. It was Christine. "H-hello, Christine. What are you d-doing here?" I asked her.

"I'm sorry if I'm i-intruding, Erik. We just haven't had a lesson in a while and I wanted to t-thank you for everything you've done for me" she said, sounding slightly nervous.

"It was my pleasure" I said, trying to sound nice. I hadn't even thought about what to do if Christine came back!

"So, are o-our lessons still o-on?" She asked, stuttering slightly.

I sighed. I couldn't just deny her lessons, but there was really nothing more I could teach her and if Ryleigh was here then they couldn't find out about each other. "Christine, I have loved teaching you, but your voice has reached its full potential. It was an absolute honor to teach you, and if you ever need help with anything, please don't hesitate to ask. But as far as lessons are concerned, I don't think you need them" I said, hoping she wouldn't be mad.